Monday, January 08, 2007

Play offs BABY

SEAN PAYTON GOT NFL COACH OF THE YEAR!!!
GO SAINTS

Saints-Eagles Divisional Playoff Game to Be Played on Saturday at 7:00 pm CTDoug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.comJan 7, 2007 – 8:42 pm


The Saints' Divisional Playoff Game against the Philadelphia Eagles on January 13, 2007 will be played at 7:00 p.m. CT and will be televised by Fox Sports.
The Eagles defeated the New York Giants, 23-20, on a David Akers 38-yard field goal as time expired and advanced to the divisional round.
Saturday's match-up will mark the second time this season the Saints and Eagles will play, as the Saints defeated the Eagles 27-24 on October 15 at the Superdome.
The Chicago Bears will host the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday in the other NFC Divisional game. The winners will advance to the NFC Championship game the following Sunday (Jan. 21).
The Saints have several members of their team with strong connections to Philadelphia, including Head Coach Sean Payton, who was an assistant coach with the Eagles from 1997-1998. Additionally, starting middle linebacker Mark Simoneau and defensive tackle Hollis Thomas were with the Eagles just a year ago before being traded to the Saints. And guard Jahri Evans is a native of Philadelphia and starred north of Philly at Bloomsburg College. Saints LB Coach Joe Vitt was a coach with the Eagles from 1995-1998 and is a native of Blackwood, N.J., not far from Philly.
On the other side of the ball, wide receiver Donte Stallworth and defensive end Darren Howard are prominent Eagles with Saints ties. Those connection are sure to be re-visted this week and nearly every angle of the game will come into focus and be closely examined, as the NFL's eligible teams for Super Bowl contention has been pared to only eight teams.
Of interest this weekend in both conferences is the fact that all of the home teams were victorious, a trend Saints fans hopes continues at least through Saturday evening.

5 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

much deserving I MUST SAY :)

Im glad for the Saints!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I try to post before coffee, why? My typos drove me nuts, so here it is...again (w/o typos).

You go, girl! Now, I'm a Colts and Redskins fans but I'll still say woo hoo for ya!

And those ladies - GL is very handsome and sexy. He said, "I've been good Rach, I only want to be "with" you even if we are working thru my health issues."

Wait till spring when I'm toned from Jan - April workouts and got my tan going... That should heat things up;)

Hey - I have a photo of a friend I need to send to you. You have GOT to see this guy. Is your email on here somewheres?

-Rach

Meow Meow said...

BG- hope your house is clean as a whistle~

Rachel~ girl typos I make so many I just quit caring...usually you can read or make out what I intended to say. Especially if I was at work and I'm trying to write a quickie.

Mick & Cathy said...

Well done to your team.