Monday, January 15, 2007

~dusting~

Hey ya'll. I had the day off thank you MLK. I managed to clean house and then be lazy. Mom had round 3 of chemo today. I was worrying about her today. Sadly, tomorrow is her birthday. She made it home, I just talked to her. IT looks like surgery will be late Feb or early March. The tumor has decreased some in size according to her doc today. Thank you for all of your prayers. They are appreciated and still needed!


Getting Suckered at the Store

We know you're always grocery shopping on a full stomach to avoid charging your way through the candy aisle. But remember to prime your brain as much as your belly -- reading between the lines of the signs. Studies on "suggestive signage" have found that promotional numbers, like "3 for $3" or "Buy 10 for your freezer," can tempt you to shell out twice as much money as you planned. To beat 'em at their own game, write your purchase amounts on your shopping lists and stick to it, says food psychologist Brian Wansink. Don't let the vendors' numbers coax you into buying more than you need. That way, you're less likely to stare down a shelf's worth of temptation.

I'm just feeling gloomy today. I guess we all have our days.
It's only monday evening and tomorrow is only Tuesday. I want a few days off. Seriously, not sure what I will do with them but I need the "escape".... It doesn't help that I am feeling hormonal this week. God be with me.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I know that feeling well. I have days like that, too. Nothing to do but wait until it passes and hope that it does!!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I am drawing a big blank about the bands question. Of course it doesnt help I am sleep deprived as well.

((hugs)) you wouldnt be the best daughter in the whole world if you didnt feel badly about what your mother is going thru. I know she can beat this, it is a battle she will win and be a strong survivor.

I think I am feeling hormonal too, but only when its not convenient -grrrrrrr

Mick & Cathy said...

Dave Clark Five but they all had a go.
I think Ringo Starr sung on a Beatles record he certainly had a solo single with "Your Sixteen" in the seventies.
I think the drummer in 10CC sang on at least one of their songs.

Bare said...

*Sends a big hug* Keep your head up :0) I'll definitely continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Chin up... Things will get better....
Dont talk to me about bloody hormones... TTOTM just started... my guts is cramping soooooo much... i hate hate hate this with a passion...
Dunno whether to sit hunched, lie, or drug myself into a coma to cope with it when it gets like this...and having the kids in my face every 3 minutes saying.."I'm booooooooored" is not a good thing right now...
funnily enough they didnt like me telling them i was going to bag up all the pressies that santa bought them and put them in the wheelie bin for the rubbish truck to take away.... haha..Evil huh... worked tho... for about 10 mins...arghhhhhh

TitanThirteen said...

Beth is one of my fav all time songs :o))

TitanThirteen said...

...My mum died of cancer 7 years ago. It was lung cancer and there was no hope of her being fixed. I totaly understand how you feel, watching your mum in these uncertain times :o)
It sounds like she's on the mend though :o)
[[[Hugs]]]