Wednesday, April 25, 2007


A chance to breathe while sitting at a red light

You look around reflecting on your life…

You can run a red light,

give up at a red light

You break the mold when running through the tolls

Speeding through your whole life"
---Johnny Lang
CAN I SAY OH SHIT!
My stupid butt decides to go get a manicure at 7 oclock this evening...Mind you I had already been to walmart and Sams right after work. But I got to thinking tomorrow night I have an award ceremony for my aunt and Sat day I have a date with a guy from Eharmony. Friday night the nail place will be BUSY...let me run over there because I will NOT have time tomorrow after work before the thingy for my aunt. Well as I am turning left, a lady runs a red light and hits me as I swerve and slam on the brakes. Ya'll she scared the HELL out of me. Yes, it all happened so fast, I just freaked out. I called 911 before I got out of my car. Luckily, another woman was stopped at the red light and saw all of it happen. She said, There is a God. He just saved both of your lives. She got out of her car and talked to me until I calmed down. Her daughter was in the back seat. The lady that hit me could barely speak English. We stood around for 2 hours. She got a ticket and I have a court date a week from Friday.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Whoah! Girl, are you still okay? Sometimes the next day you are more sore than the day it happened!! I am glad you are safe and sound!

BarnGoddess said...

omg how awful! you ARE so very lucky!!

are you sore today? keep an eye on yourself.

hows the car?

grrrrrr dont even get me started in on the immigration crappola.

FelineFrisky said...

OMG!!! How are you today??? Is the damage bad? Can you drive it?

Piss me off! Can't speak English, but HELL YEAH! Give 'em a damned license! Don't even get me started. BG & I could rant on it all effing day!

Blessings to you, girlfriend. Be sure to see the Dr. anyway. Take no chances.

Hugs & smiles - D :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh wow..He is watching over you isnt He.....
take care...Oh and enjoy your date this weekend ;o)

TitanThirteen said...

How scary for you! {{Hug}} I bet you're still shaken up! You'd be surprised just how many times God saves us from stuff and we aren't even aware!
Something like that happened to me last year, and even though i was calm at the time, i was VERY scared of intersections for a few months afterwards!!

I'm with BarnGoddess and FelineFrisky on the non english speaking, lunatic driver. That pisses me off too!! Learn to speak the national language so you can learn to drive using the national rules or GO HOME!! Bahumbug!

Let us know how the date goes :oÞ