Thursday, April 12, 2007

Well, I tried to post last night and Blogger gave me fits....so I'll do it from work, but that means no Savannah pics today.



I ran into a table last week with my knee. I am flenching when I get up and try to put pressure on it. I got up at 3 a.m and again at 5 a.m to put a cold compress on it. It helped momentarily. Unfortunatley, I am at work and have so much walking and up and down to do every hour. SCREAM. I am using an elevator in place of my stairs. THANK GOD We have one. I really don't want to get on crutches. Ughhhhhhh

Any suggestions besides a doc visit?

One more day this week. Thank God I don't have gym duty in the morning. 26 more days with the kiddies, then 3 more for teachers after they leave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can try ice? Thanks for the comment at Rose's blog, but I am confused. I have been posting every day for weeks, you just need to scroll down to read the most current post. If you are referring to the top post, that stays there every day with the new posts underneath.

Hope your knee gets better. Blogger is bad, bad blogger. Wordpress is good. :)

Anonymous said...

ouch!

my left knee is awful after my car accident. the only thing left is a replacement and Im waiting until I cant walk to get one of those.

Have you tried a cane? seriously, it sounds 'gay' but I used one after each of my surgeries. Crutches were too hard on all my other broken bones when I was able to retire the embarassing walker w/ wheels.

try ice and ibuprophen, elevation. If it is swelled do not wrap it.

If your knee does not straighten itself out in a few days, you may have something nasty going on. Hopefully nothing is torn.

Barngoddess
http://ramblingsfromthereservation.wordpress.com/

blogger needs to bite my big white hiney

Mick & Cathy said...

Blogger is such a pain when it plays up, get them pics posted asap.

Knees are tricky some injuries are rest others are exercise. If your injury was caused by banging the table exercise is likely to be best but if it twisted it will need rest.
Barngoddess has made the correct suggestion Iburophen, Ice and elevation all help.
Wrapping knees give support but should be avoided if possible as muscles around the knee weaken and it would probably get worse in the long run.
Whatever I hope it gets better soon.

celtic_girl said...

RICE

Rest (as much as possible)
Ice
Compression
Elevate (Again as much as possible)

Also some anit inflammatory cream/gel directly rubbed into the knee does help like Voltarin Emugel ir Feldene.

Hope it gets better soon

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Wooohooooo!! School is almost over for the summer!!! I can't wait either. Im sorry you got a big oweeee - sometimes I wish just one day could be flawless without all the yuckies!!
I hope your mom is doing well. I have been so busy I haven't had time to read so much. Now you nurse that knee (or go to the doc) and feel better soon!! :)