Sunday, April 08, 2007

Just the outside of the "Garden of Good and Evil". The movie was filmed in Savannah years ago. The cemetery is famous for it. Synopsis
Clint Eastwood directed this adaptation of John Berendt's non-fiction best-seller about a Savannah, Georgia, murder case. When this film was released, Berendt's book had been on best-seller lists for four years. As the film begins, New York journalist John Kelso (John Cusack), alter ego of author Berendt, arrives in Savannah to do a brief Town and Country article on the annual Christmas party given by sophisticated, urbane antique dealer Jim Williams (Kevin Spacey), who restored many mansions in Savannah, including the famed Mercer House where he lives. After the party, Williams kills his rude, violent lover Billy Hanson (Jude Law), explaining it as a necessary act of self-defense. Kelso decides to stay in Savannah to cover the trial, encountering a variety of colorful locals, eccentric and otherwise, including black transvestite nightclub performer Lady Chablis (appearing as herself), financially challenged bon vivant Joe Odom (Paul Hipp), vocalist Mandy Nichols (Alison Eastwood), voodoo priestess Minerva (Irma P. Hall), and Williams' deceptively powerful defense attorney Sonny Seiler (Australian actor Jack Thompson with a very convincing Southern accent). Kelso develops a romantic interest in Mandy while tracking the events that led up to the killing. ~ Bhob Stewart, All Movie Guide








The Ghost aspect of Savannah has never been a big interest of mine, but their Ghost Tours are the first ones to sell out. I thought of BG...








And no we didn't take one~








But here's the number just in case you're interested = )






Below is some of the architecture that I really did enjoy seeing in Savannah. It did remind me of various parts of New Orleans.



Do you have a preference?


okay, the Sopranos will be on soon which means I have plenty to do within the next 30 minutes....


I will post more pics all week, so please check back and let me know your thoughts....


7 comments:

Hannah said...

Great pics! I wish I'd taken more of the scenery. I just posted a few on my blog. I wanted to do a ghost tour so badly!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful. Glad you had a good time.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

great pictures!! I think Id LOVE Savannah.....you DID NOT go on a Ghost tour? omg why not? You know Id be the 1st in line.

FelineFrisky said...

Hey! Glad you enjoyed yourself! I love the second set of front door pictures over the first.

So, tell all - what went on with J?????

D :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I like the second set of doorways also...
Love all the pics and yes I would have loved to do the ghost tour too..
I have done one here in Tasmania and it was good. Just learning the history of a place where I have lived all my life was interesting.

Foodie Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. I love the pictures and I love Paula! Her sons are hot!

TitanThirteen said...

I like both the "door" pictures equaly.
The garden looks fantastic!