Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ok day two of CRCT testing is now complete. Today was Language Arts..I'm a bit worried, I thought yesterday went better. I teach 3 Literature/Reading classes and two English/Grammar classes. So, I have a stake in yesterday and today's test. Pray for my kids please!!!!! Pray for my school in general. We need good scores this go around!!!!

How would most of your ladies feel about dating a guy who has 3 kids 2 from his first marriage and one from his second. THe first wife he says had several affairs and after 11 years they divorced. The second wife sat him down and told him she was in love with someone else. His oldest daughter 14 lives with him. That tells me he has some sense of responsibility. HIs name is Johnathan. He lived in a suburb of New Orleans for 8 yrs while in the Navy. Kinda a fluke that we both live in Ga now.
Well, we met on eharmony. I date usually from meeting people on line yahoo or match.com. He is the first I have made it to the talking on the phone stage. He lives about an hour north of me.
I feel a bit overwhelmed on the 2 marriages. Then again, I have never been married and have no children. I feel like I am a pretty good catch. I''m educated and self sufficient. You gotta admit though that most men do not like women to be overweight, and that I AM!!!!

***********************************************************************************
Never tick off a nurse
A big shot attorney had to spend a couple of days in the hospital.He was a royal pain to the nurses because he bossed them around just like he did his staff. None of the hospital staff wanted to have anything to do with him. The head nurse was the only one who could stand up to him.
She came into his room and announced, "I have to take your temperature."After complaining for several minutes, he finally settleddown, crossed his arms and opened his mouth. No, I'm sorry, " thenurse stated, "but for this reading, I can't use an oral thermometer." This started another round of complaining, but eventuallyhe rolled over and bared his behind. After feeling the nurse insert the thermometer,he heard her announce, "I have to get something. Now you stay JUST LIKE THAT until I get back!"

She leaves the door to his room open on her way out. He curses under his breath as he hears people walking past his door, laughing.
After a half hour, the man's doctor comes into the room. "What's going on here?" asked the doctor.
Angrily, the man answers, "What's the matter,Doc? Haven't you ever seen someone having their temperature taken?" After a pause, the doctor confesses, "Not with a carnation".
*********************************************************************************
IS IT FRIDAY YET????

10 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Love the carnation story.

Mick & Cathy said...

And don't worry too much about the overweight issue. My opinion for what its worth - I would rather go for overweight than underweight anyday.

Anonymous said...

Hoping all your kids do well on the tests. I hate tests. :(

ann said...

hi rebecca, thanks for coming by my site via Pinky and him above me... I mean literally, above me in these comments.

oh you're brave doing the internet dating thing. all I can say is what harm would come with meeting him for a coffee in a busy place

my children put my profile on a dating thingy and I get emails with matches for me... last week they matched me with my ex... doh!

good luck with the children

lotsa luv ann xxxx

BarnGoddess said...

If I liked the guy a lot and he was the kind of man I was looking for, all his baggage would not be a big deal to me(as long as he handled it well)....but Ive got 2 boys so kids arent going to annoy me too much.

Your damn right, you ARE an awesome catch.

Guys dont like stick women. They like women with soft curves. It is a known fact. My guy friends tell me this all the time (not b/c Im fat either because my ass has gotten huge int he last 4 years) they are either married, dating or attracted to women with meat on their bones.

Its not like your 400 pounds so quit acting like you are. I think your very pretty......and you are a great catch.

I hope your kids test very well today!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Good luck to all those kids that have done thier best!!
As for a guy with two ex wives.... ohhh lotsa baggage there... but you wont know til you try...
Not like you are marrying online and then jumping into it... just take the plunge and meet up... what have you got to lose girl!
And if he doesnt like the way you look then thats his loss... not yours!
You are a gorgeous woman... and if he is any sort of man he will see that!

celtic_girl said...

Re: The guy who has kids from two marriages - sorry I'd be wondering what is the matter with HIM - sorry!

Also, if they don't like you the way you are, there not worth knowing.

Foodie Girl said...

Do it! Go on the date. If it doesn't work out, all you have to do is say you aren't interested. I know if it were me, the marriage thing would bother me also. However, it's only a date. Have some fun. You could get a good friend out of it if it doesn't work.

celtic_girl said...

Rebecca, I've nominated you for an award - refer my blog.

Rachel said...

I'd give him a shot but I wouldn't trust him 100% until he proved himself to me.

"Listen" to these next words very carefully - you are a beautiful, smart, talented and caring woman. If some jackass looks at you and thinks weight is "the" issue, he is NOT worth having in your life. We are all different sizes, shapes and colors for a reason. If God wanted us all to look the same, He would have fixed it so we did - but He didn't.

Believe in yourself and others will too. And to HELL with those who don't.

And now, I will go put quarters in the cussin' jar . . .