Sunday, April 22, 2007


See how I feel on a SUNDAY night...only thing exciting about Sunday evening is that the Sopranos are back on!
I have been on the phone with Mom. Finally her tube drainage was down to 6o cc yesterday. Ya'll realize she has had this drain in since the surgery 5 weeks ago. She is to call the surgeon tomorrow...I hope he will take it out by this Friday. She has dealt with it long enough. I can hope it was Gods way of letting her body have a bit more recovery time before she starts 4 MORE rounds of Chemo.
I have a busy week ahead. Mondays TOTALLY suck cause we have meetings all DAMN DAY.
One of my aunts circle groups has a surprise award evening planned for her this Thursday evening...So I asked Tommy or Lisa to go with me, so I don't have to go alone to a dinner where I know no one. I had to type up a synopsis of my aunts life from a family stand point today. I emailed it a bit ago.
I had lunch with Shane today. He's a divorced father of one, and he lives about 45 minutes away. It was our first meeting. He was nice, late but nice. Thank god I chose a local mexican place where I know a couple of the waiters, and they took care of my while I waited...
This weekend Laurel just moved to Columbus after commuting an hour each day to work at Dillards. She finally came to her senses. Well, she bought a Cadillac a year or so go and has a 600 a month note, so she was trying to save money. Anyway, she is having a house warming party this Sat and wants me to come...I told her I was unsure.
I have finally been talking to someone from Eharmony that I want to meet in person. Anyone familiar with the site knows you can't search for guys, they send you people who are compatible personality wise. Ironically, his name is Jon. He has a bit of baggage....but I like his values when it comes to faith and he's cute....So if we get along I guess everything else can be gravy.
He wanted to get together Thursday for dinner but I can't with Mildreds ceremony. So I suggested Sat an early Dinner. He's in Savannah today visiting friends. Weird huh? Oh and come to find out after we talked some, he lived in New Orleans (a suburb) for 8 years....while he was in the Navy. Wish us luck.
DAMN YA"LL I AM TRYING!!!!!!

6 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ok...come on..what was wrong with Shane??? First meeting and all you can say is that he was late!!
Was it truely that bad!!
Now Jon... this could be exciting..
I need input lady..I have never dated... well not really... so I am sooo curious as to what it is like meeting people like this for the first time???
I met my guy thru the net and I remember being nervous as hell.. but he had chatted for about 6 months before meeting face to face...

Rachel said...

To be honest, I don't like it when folks are late but could be he just got lost.

Don't try to hard and 'force' something. Let it come to you but be looking just don't try and 'make' the magic be there if it isn't. Never give up.

BarnGoddess said...

Shane, hmm it doesnt sound like you were too impressed w/ him---whats the REST of the story?

Im looking forward to hearing more about Jon, I have heard good things about eharmony.....I even know someone who met their wife there! my attorney!!!

((hugs)) I hope your monday goes by FAST, mine is sucking so far.

Mick & Cathy said...

Did he apologise for been late ?

And what was his excuse ?

To be honest its a pet hate of mine people that leave you waiting around.

Meow Meow said...

WBS- Shane was alright. He got lost he does live 45 minutes away. He also got a late start. He called and apologized. He paid for lunch and said if I would go out with him again he would make it up to me.

Rach- I'm not trying to force anything. I am a wee bit excited about meeting Jon from Eharmony...

BG- you are giving me HOPE. I really need that in my life right now.

WRB- Yes he was sorry....However, it was almost an hour, that I waited. Again, I knew my waiter and he kept me company and the place wasn't all that busy like they usually are~

FelineFrisky said...

Hey! I'm with Wanna Be Slim - What's up with Shane??? Don't judge too quickly. first meetings are usually very nervous. Give him that.

Take it easy with all the excitement over Jon. Pace yourself. Tell me more about what you know. Where does he live now?? What does he do for work? Is he stable? Trustworthy? Get to know him more before you go ahead with meeting him. Picture exchange - CURRENT, not from like, 2 years ago!

Hope you Monday ain't sucking too bad. have a great day, anyway's - (piss 'em off they couldn't drag you under! LOL) Much love & hugs - D :)