Sunday, December 03, 2006

dating

Well, yes Barn Goddess last night was date night. Greg and I met at one of the local Mexican places for dinner. He cut his hair ok almost shaved it since we met on Monday. I was bummed.
= ( Dinner went fine...The waiter put us in a corner and all I could see was the window outside and a mexican waiter who wanted to dance quietly in the corner behind Greg. It made for an interesting evening. We were both nervous and it showed. He was fidgety and I didn't eat much...usually I tear up the cheese dip. He told me a bit more about his daughter, turn out my mom and Alyssa (his 4yr old) have the same birthday. She'll be 5 in January. He had about 25 pics on his phone of her. She's cute!!! He's a proud papa and it shows.

After dinner we went to Circuit City, he wanted to watch The DiVinci Code. So he bought it, I would have rented buy hey, it's his money. He followed me to my house and his words were " Wow this is really PHAT! I mean seriously, it's PHAT." Ok ya'll he's 4 yrs younger, but my kids use that term, I don't. Do I sound like an old lady yet? We sat on the love seat and talked for an hour or so, he put the movie in and just snuggled up with me. He is very affectionate. It took him about 30 minutes after holding my hand to kiss me. It was nice. ABout 1/2 into the movie he grabbed my hand and wanted to dance in the middle of my living room. I was a bit surprised. He's a musician remember and plays hard core stuff...Anyway, he just wanted to be playful I guess. I was caught off guard. He's a football size guy at 6'4. We danced for probably 30 minutes...

Converstion wasn't a factor. His mom is retired 25 yrs from Civil Service, Dad retired from the Army. He has a younger brother who's married and lives in Tennessee. HE is REALLY close with his family. I like that he cares about them so much. The ex wife really screwed his from what info he has shared with me. It's been 2 yrs since the divorce. He works and works, and spends as much time as possible with ALyssa. They live together. I'll see him again, althoughI'm not sure when, Alyssa has a dance recital Saturday early evening and he seems proud. He doesn't have a day off until next Sunday.

Mom goes to another Doc tomorrow afternoon, I'll have more info tomorrow night. I guess my family will know more about our Christmas plans after her news. She has about made up her ming she want to get treatment in Houston at MD Anderson. I may be there for Christmas. I didn't tell Greg any of this last night, I didn't see it as suitable 1st date material....

Please let Moday go fast and PAINFREE~

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Girl, he sounds like a very nice and caring person - yet has a fun side. Cool!

Keep us posted on your mom. Keep your chin up. Ehug, Rachel

Mick & Cathy said...

That appears to be a first date that went well. I agree with Rachel he sounds like a caring person with a fun side.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Mum.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

okay, I hate that word PHAT and I hate when the NOT word is used inappropriately too...

but, I can deal with it.

You shoulda drank some margaritas (doubles) when you went on your date! loosened ya up a bit.

Was his apartment/house clean?

I think he sounds like a nice guy.

Do you have a lot of things in common? The music thing is a big one. Musicians are a whole different breed, so thats a plus on your gameboard.

I like men that are built big.....ummmm all over.

Is he a good dancer? good kisser? a nice neat, passionate kisser without a lot of sloppy spit?

okay, I am getting too nosey. Ill stop now.

Are you going w/ you mom to Houston? My husbands great-aunt had cancer in/near her eye, she was treated there and had excellent results. That is a very good hospital.