Friday, December 01, 2006

sick leave

OK. I'm up. The last few weeks I have had the TOUGHEST time sleeping and staying asleep if I ever fall alseep.
I finally got out of bed after lying there thinking about lesson plans for the next week. GRRRRR

I shopped a bit after work today. Bath and Body. I picked up some wall flower refills and some caramel body wash....I'm clean, and I smell good, but damn if I can sleep! I watched Ugly Betty tonight, her boss is a hottie.

I may be going to M.D. Anderson a cancer center in Houston with my mom. She asked my aunt to go, but I know my aunt isn't up to such a big trip physically unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. MOm has another doc appt on Monday. If he gives her a referral, I know she'll try to get in. It would well be worth the trip. I am not sure if I should take my 2 weeks saved for sick leave, or leave with out pay not knowing how long I would/could be gone..... thoughts??? My aunt seems to think she may be able to get in by Christmas. Keep saying prayers, they are so important.

5 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom. I hope that she can gerert right in. Spending the holidays in a hospital stinks, bu if it's gonna be what keeps you going - be strong. Fell better soon.

I would take the 2 weeks sick time, then request family leave time. You would be caring for a direct relative. That would secure your position for you. Check into it. hugs - D

Rachel said...

You can request leave under the Family Medical Leave Act. What that does is protect your employment - they don't have to give you the same job when you return but they do have to give you a compatible one. So, if you do need an extended time off, I'd file under the FMLA.

Are you paid 9 in 12 or 12 in 12 or 9 in 9? That could help you decide whether to use your sick leave or not.

Mick & Cathy said...

My thoughts are with your Mum.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

FMLA is a good way to go. How long can you afford to be off work w/out pay tho is the big decider.

I think about you and your mom quite a bit. Sending positive thoughts out :)

is tonite DATE night?

BarnGoddess_01 said...

did u have your date lastnight?