Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'll huff and I'll puff

Thought for Today:

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."

-- Marcus Antoninus

G called but I was in a funk I didn't answer the phone. I was supposed to go to a faculty party tonight, but just didn't feel SOCIAL. I have too much on my mind. I'm totally selfish right? After all it was at Hannah's mom's house~ http://www.teatopia.net~ I just feel like I am trying too fucking hard to put on a smiling face, when I don't feel a bit like smiling.

I am feeling kinda numb...Mom called and no results on the heart test yet. They have her scheduled for surgery to insert a port tomorrow morning at 7. She will be at the hospital all day. My dad is taking off (THANK GOD). Mom is pretty upset that a doc didn't call her with results to proceed in the a.m. So she is just going to show up.

Does anyone have a facial moisturizer they really like??? I have been TURNED on to Oil of Olay with SHea Butter for dry skin..OMG it is the bomb! It is so soft~ I am in love. However for somereason this season my face is becoming dry in the T-zone and usually I am OILY.....I manage to get Vitamin E soap from the "BODY SHOP" when I am in Louisiana. I tried some moisturizers, but I haven't found "the One".

One more question~ Where does everyone go over the weekends? It's so rare for people to post or to comment?????

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

You have good reason not to feel sociable, you have a lot on your mind and people will understand that.

Can't help with the facial moisturizer.

I've often wondered about the weekend thing myself I just reckon a lot of people blog from work.

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I dont blame you for one bit not wanting to socialize. Selfish? I do not think so....

I screen my calls too. If I feel like yakking, I answer, if not then I call when I am.

I just started using TIMEWISE by MaryKay for combination skin type. I had a gift certificate. I normally use Dramatically Different skin moisturizer from Clinique which I havent been happy with for about 6 months.

Bare said...

You know, I've noticed too, that not a lot of people blog on weekends... I know I'm always so busy with stuff, it's hard to get on... I don't blame you for not feeling like socializing, I've been kinda down right now, too

Hannah said...

The party was nice, but I spent a lot of time watching Olivia, so I really didn't feel like "part of the party" The food was great, but everyone took their leftovers home in the dishes they brought them in, so when I emerged from my mom's office, the food was gone. It's not like I needed all the fattening stuff anyway.

How is mom?

BarnGoddess_01 said...

hello?