Friday, December 15, 2006

Checkin in


Morning~ I thought puppy here was cute...and I just wanted to check in on my readers...see if you feel and smell ok today....
Well, AMEN it is my last day and 2 wks off . I am truly wiped out! I need some down time...some me time*** I have decided I am not going home until Monday. I need to have a day off and just rest in my own home, do laundry, go thru mail, love on my kitties and SLEEP!
I spoke to mom last nigt she was totally ok with it. After all my dad is off Sat/Sun and works all of next week. So I'll be there with her next week if she needs me for anything. Her next Chemo treatment is Dec 27.
Greg called last night, I didn't answer. He said he wanted to wish me a safe trip home today. He asked that I call him when I get on the road. Well, I'm not sure if I will or not. I have made up my mind 2 if not 3 of those shirts are going back. I was feeling generous and in the Christmas spirit when I bought them. I know finances are not his strong suit right now. I also thought I could help build up the wardrobe some... I mean the ex-wife is supposed to be paying him child support and is NOT consistant with it. Anyway...do you all agree several or ALL of them should go back to the store.????
I did just find out James Gandolfini is the head of Bacchus this year. (I love the Soprano's) Bacchus is the HUGE Sunday night parade before Mardi gras. There are 4 parades definately worth seeing in Nawlins....Endymion (sat night), Bacchus (sun night), Orpheous (mon night--it's Harry Connick Jr.'s parade) and REX which rolls at 10 a.m. om Mardi Gras day down Canal Street. The weekend b/f is sometimes better than the actually day cause you get the locals not the tourists.
Have a nice weekned...so many don't post over Sat n Sun...BOOO HOOOO !

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 weeks!! wow! my son isint out until 12/22. Get yourself rested and relaxed :)

I would take back all 3 shirts. Yep, Im a scrooge..

and it would benefit your finances. Are you going to call him when your on the road?

be sure to drive safe!

Anonymous said...

oops that was me BarnGoddess

Meow Meow said...

BG__ thank you for the feedback! I appreciate all of your comments!
I'm counting a little over an hour and I am outta here for 2 weeks.

AMEN!!!!

How long does son 1 have off from school???

Hannah said...

Maybe hold on to one and see how things go-- if he calls while you're gone, etc. and if he doesn't, return it when you get home and use the money for a pedicure. That's what I'd do. :-)

Rachel said...

Yup - like I said earlier, he can't have all four things. He just can't. I'd give him ONE, the one I think would look the best on him. And just say, I chose this because it will go with your pretty blue eyes, if you want too. That way it's a gift (tangible) and a gift (a compliment - intangible).

Now, this time next year if you're still dating, that's different.

Hey - check out the dancing Santa on my post today. He's purdy!

Rachel said...

Also, there's nothing wrong with wanting to "help" with the wardrobe. It's just a little early in the relationship, I think. And to be honest, let him worry about his finances and your part could be thinking of inexpensive things to do on dates or something.

Mick & Cathy said...

And whats wrong with us Tourists ? Some of us are really nice.

Have a good break with plenty of rest.

FelineFrisky said...

Well, I think you should call him. Men don't handle stress well and like I said in the previous post, being a store manager is a bitch! Holidays are so stressful.

make sure you read my prevous comment, please. again, only my thoughts!

Enjoy your time off, be safe and you will be in my thoughts.

D :)