Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wed













So which of my Law and Order guys do you prefer????

Chris???



I'm curious who ya'll find more attractive and why????



I made it home amen...It is drizzling rain outside..I wish I could go out and play in it with either of these men...Their are two other men that make me crazy....but I'll see who the winner is on this vote.


The year is 1906. One hundred years ago. What a difference a century makes ! Here are some of the U.S. statistics for the Year 1906
************************************
The average life expectancy in the U.S. was 47

A three-minute call from Denver
to New York City
cost eleven dollars.

There were only 8,000 cars in the U.S. ,
and only 144 miles
of paved roads.


The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph.
Alabama, Mississippi , Iowa , and Tennessee
were each more
heavily populated than California .

With a mere 1.4 million people,
California was only the 21st
most populous state in the Union .

The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower !

The average wage in the US . was 22 cents per hour.

The average U.S. worker made between $200 and $400 per year .

A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year, a dentist $2,500 per year,
a veterinarian between $1,500
and $4,000 per year,
and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.


More than 95 percent of all births in the U.S. took place at HOME.

Ninety percent of all U.S. doctors
had
NO COLLEGE EDUCATION !
Instead,
they attended so-called medical schools,
many of which were condemned in the press
AND
the government
as "sub-standard."

Sugar cost four cents a pound.

Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen.

Coffee was fifteen cents a pound.

Most women only washed their hair
once a month,
and used borax
or egg yolks for shampoo. (EE-EWW)

Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from
entering into their country for any reason.

The Five leading causes of death in the U.S. were:
1. Pneumonia and influenza 2. Tuberculosis 3. Diarrhea 4. Heart disease 5. Stroke
The American flag had 45 stars. Arizona , Oklahoma , New Mexico , Hawaii , and
Alaska hadn't been admitted to the Union yet.
The population of Las Vegas , Nevada , was only 30 !!!!
Crossword puzzles,
canned beer,
and ice tea
hadn't been invented yet.

There was no Mother's Day
or Father's Day.

Two out of every 10 U.S. adults couldn't read or write.

Only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school.

Marijuana, heroin, and morphine
were all available over
the counter
at the local corner drugstores.
Pharmacists said,
"Heroin clears the complexion, > gives buoyancy to the mind,
regulates the stomach and bowels,
and is, in fact,
a perfect guardian of health."
( Shocking ? )

Eighteen percent of households in the U.S.
had at least one full-time servant or domestic help.
There were about 230 reported murders
in the ENTIRE U.S.A. !

Now having read this
try to imagine what it may be like
in another 100 years.

8 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Ok bloggers I expect TONS of comments onthis post, cause I am feeling so neglected in the last 2 days.... MEOW

Mick & Cathy said...

Well I don't fancy any of the blokes, but you could post a photo of yourself.

The 100 years things always make interesting reading

Rachel said...

Sorry, girl. I've been running in circle. I love to watch the Vince on Law and Order. There's just something about him.

And here I find Mick - always looking for pics of babes. Mickster - what are we gonna do with you?!

Rebecca, thanks for the kind words. I swear, I am working hard to hold on to my sanity but it ain't easy. Pray for me to find quarters. I just saved up $38.00 in quarters and started a Freedom Fund! Everytime I get a quarter, it goes in my jar and when the jar gets full, I wrap 'em and tottle to the bank.

Anonymous said...

You know who I'd vote for! Chris, baby!

Anonymous said...

I;ll go with Vince. Neither one really stikes my fancy, but Vince looks younger and smiles better. D (FF)

TitanThirteen said...

VINCENT!!! He is SOOOO hot!! And you are right, there is "something" about him, and that makes him even more sexy! Hooowwwl

Remember when he was in Men in black? That was funny lol

TitanThirteen said...

..And living in Australia, i'd love to know those sorts of statistics from here in 1906.

Mick & Cathy said...

Question for Rachel -

Whats wrong with wanting to look at pretty things ?