Thursday, December 14, 2006

struggles

Alrighty, again you can post a comment anonymously. However, I like the BEta Blogger better. It has more features and allows me to post more rapidly...at least pictures are added faster..And I am actually writing this on my planning this morning~~~

Well, I managed to get a flu shot yesterday after work. My insurance pays for it. My arm is paying for it this morning. All of my children decided to squeeze my left arm as they hugged me this morning. UGHHHHHHHHH...can i say OUCH!
After all I am such a baby when it comes to needles....

I am kinda disappointed with the G man. I called him at work Tues wanting to know if he had plans right after work, cause I had to be at school for the PTA meeting and had about 30 minutes to kill from when he gets off of work. He told me "No" don't come by the store. He had to meet with the store owner at another location. Well he was kinda rude on the phone, at least I felt put off. After all I had just spent an hour at JcPenny shopping for him for clothes. Well, I found 4 items and couldn't decide which one, so I got all 4. I spent 75 bucks. YES I AM A NUT! (not trying to get one or two) Just acting like a damn NUT > = ( ~
I figured that he would end up liking 2 of them..one is a fleece zip up basic black...the other was a pull over super soft cotton. I know I am safe with those two, but i wanted to add a bit of color. So I grabbed a green mock turtle neck (he'll wear a turtle neck--but not a button down--and women are picky???) the other is a blue--(to match those crystal blue eyes) pull over with 3 buttons on top.....I did pretty well for 75 bucks.
Anyway...he didn't call after we spoke Tues....he didn't call or email last night...So what are your thoughts???

I am not sure if I see a future with/in him. He has a few qualities I really like....he LOVES his family...LOVES his daughter...and seems stable in his job. He loves music we definitely share that common interest. I think he'd be loyal in a relationship.
He is definitely a warm a fuzzy kind of guy. =)
On the flip side...I wish he had finished college...wish he wasn't a smoker....I am more materialistic than he is and that may cause financial "arguements" down the road.....He calls himself a "NON CONFORMIST"...and with his clothing don't we discussed this weekend...hmmmmmm. He's not a fan of organized religion. He's Christian but not a church goer, although he was brought up in one and is Glad his daughter is involved with a church group...his parents take her.

Confused...I may bitch later today about another topic....but let me make test copies......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe the G man is overwhelmed at work or like I said before, maybe he is having a PMS episode....

have you given him his gifts yet? save the receipt and tags, incase you want to take them back.

G does sound like a decent man. My husband is not at all materialistic like me, but we do not argue over it much. He does like GOOD quality stuff so that helps! my favorite song is singing "wal-mart Fall a part!"

I am thankful I can comment now, sorry your having to suffer with less features tho.....

barnGoddess

Rachel said...

Well, maybe he was stressed cuz of the upcoming store owner meeting. What if in the past the SO has been a real SOB and so G Man would be focused that route? Just a thought.

Girl - you go tke back at least TWO of those those. You can not give him four. If he doesn't like what you thought he might, let him worry about that.

He could be burnt out the church thing. I was for a long time. You could talk and see why he doesn't go - could be he's just out of the habit but that's something you have to ease back into.

Would have been nice if he called that night but men are such idiots about stuff like that. No matter what their age is. And if he's ticked cuz you called at a bad time, he ain't all that and a bag of chips. But scope it out first and see what's up.

With love, I guess your "bossy" blog buddy? Hee hee.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,

Sorry to hear this I thought things were looking so good.

You have to give him a chance but be careful it is possible he is afraid of commitment at present.

4 presents is a lot and I'm sure he wouldn't be expecting that.

However I hope things do work out for you but don't set yourself up to be hurt.

Lisa said...

You could always have the shirts wrapped & hiding in the closet & wait to see how many presents he brings you. :p

Hey Rebecca, nice to meet ya. You asked what my husband teaches--5th grade. His first year. Where we live, the 5th grade is in elementary school, and he teaches the same class all the subjects (ugh).

I haven't read back far enough to see about the G man, so I don't know if I should offer any advice or encouragement. But (I guess I will anyway--LOL) give it some time, & if you don't feel really good about the relationship in a few months, don't give too much of yourself to it. Well, that's just my 2 cents. Hope I'm not offering any unhelpful advice.

Have a great weekend!

FelineFrisky said...

It is the holiday shopping season, and I have noticed ALOT of nasty attitudes out there. Like you're deterring their personal life by shopping too. Stoe managing is a very stressful job, Bri used to be one. Holidays are torture!

Select two of the shirts, one safe and one colorful - take the other 2 back. Don't overwhelm him. He may feel obligated to get you lots of presents if you do. Keep it simple. Ah, if you're gonna get for G-man, you should think of something for his daughter, too. Another reason to return 2 shirts.

Just my thoughts.

D :)