Sunday, December 24, 2006

Holidays

Hello to all....it has been a busy week for me. It's Christmas eve and I have just finished dinner with Mom and Dad. I cooked Gumbo...mom was given a break. = )

I got here Tuesday afternoon....not without stopping in Montgomery to see Aunt and Uncle V. They are the ones selling. They actually had a couple coming to look at their land and home that afternoon. They have decided to move to Jackson Al, to be closer to their oldest daughter. Again, I am sad. I feel like the whole family structure is changing around me. 2006 SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I spent Wed with "D". We had lunch, shopped a bit and she did my hair. She's the bridezilla. She has calmed down a bit...but only because she has so much else happening this week and next. She took me to see their new home (they close on it in 2 weeks). It is lovely. It's new. Brick 4 bedroom, 2 bath, granite counter tops, tiled fireplace...I took pics...I'll post a few when I get home and can transfer from my camera. I am happy for her!!! I just hope we both make it thru the wedding 11 months from now~

Thursday mom and I spent the day together driving thru the city that care forgot. It is truly amazing to me to see the 'MESS" our Gov't has left for the city to pick up piece by piece one by one. We have a military and reserves that NEED to be here in the U.S.~ rebuilding our own homes instead of losing lives overseas. Their are still tarps on roof tops from a year and a half ago....houses are still being gutted, tons and tons of debris and housing remnant's on the sides of buildings......

OK my quick rant. (Send prayers to all the New Orleanians STILL living in a FEMA trailor. )

Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!!!!

6 comments:

Bare said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas! *hugs*

Mick & Cathy said...

Nice to hear from you have a Great Christmas.

Hannah said...

Merry Christmas, Rebecca!

Rachel said...

Merry Christmas! I have one word for Bridezilla: XANAX!

FelineFrisky said...

I am glad you were able to spend time with your family. Your Mom sounds like she's doing well, that's great! I'm sure she loves having you around.

I am embarrassed that New Orleans is still a mess. Bush sucks! Liar. Republican! Grrrr!

I hope that aside from al the worries, your holiday with family was beautiful. See you when you return. D :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Im glad you had a nice Xmas :)

and Iam also glad bridezilla calmed down for you!