Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ronnie, KIx, Alan and Jake

OK. I had a GREAT weekend. Angel and I drove to Birmingham for Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson and Jake Owen. It sprinkled rain on us driving and during the first 45 minutes of the show. We actually welcomed the rain because it brought the temperatures down outside. It was at an Amphitheater. Our seats were PHENOMENAL. We had fourth row dead center. I couldn't have asked for a better present for my birthday than for my favorite voice and look to sing to me. My face still hurts from smiling. Jake Owen is HOT! I had heard some of his music, but never seen him physically. Can i say YUM?
Brooks and Dunn performed second...and Ronnie just sang his heart out. MY GOD DO I LOVE THAT MAN. He played me everything...he has an extrodinary TENOR voice. He just makes me weak at the knees.
Angel drove us in her convertible, so the wind blew us cool fresh air on the drive home. We had the cutest cop directing traffic. If you haven't picked up on my personality just yet, I am a say what I think kinda gal. Well....We were in a dead stop and I saw the wedding ring but said to the officer "Damn, your wife is a LUCKY woman" . He actually blushed and said in a SWEET Southern Drawl, "I sure do appreciate that" .
We made it home about 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Well, I got the notion in my head that i wanted to go to the show they were preforming in Atlanta the next night. I got on line and found through a ticket broker 4 th row seats again. They were however on the left side of the stage. But since the show was in less than 24 hours, they were selling them at FACE VALUE.
So we slept about 6 hours and hopped back into the car and drove to Atlanta for the show Sunday night. I managed to watch sweat just glisten down his face....Can I tell you he is the man I want to have children with? He was just perfect! So, I get the man of my dreams for the whole weekend. Sat and Sun night....both nights great seats. It was a good ok, a GREAT weekend.

Well, It's Tuesday morning and I'm at work. *tired still* but here. Yesterday we were out of A/C. Can you imagine a room full of hot sweaty students and NO AIR. It was a miserable mess.

8 comments:

Sweet and Salty said...

Glad you had such a terrific weekend! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

BarnGoddess said...

omg no air-that is unacceptable!!

weeeeeeee! you needed a weekend like that for sure :)

glad you had a wonderful time.

Mick & Cathy said...

Good for you getting to both concerts, why not you enjoy it and hell whats been a bit tired, life is for living, sleep is for wimps.

Still don't know what you see in these men !

FelineFrisky said...

How great that you saw them twice!!! Fantastic!! Lucky you!!

What on earth were the school board thinking?? Conditions like that are dangerous for kids and teachers! You all shoulda been sent home for the day! That's criminal neglect, I say! Idiots! All they needed was for a teacher or student to pass out from heat stroke - then they'd been sued!

Makes me sooo mad! You shouldn't have to work in conditions like that.

D :)

Rachel said...

Happy belated birthday. I am glad to hear you had an awesome time. You deserve it girlfrien!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time!
And as for the no AC...wow I couldn't do it here, I would just have to miss school!

celtic_girl said...

Glad you had a great time.

Christine said...

You are SO funny! So happy to hear that you got to see them twice. ;) Only one guy could do that for me - BON JOVI! I would do just about anything to get a piece of that! YUMMY.