Thursday, August 16, 2007


I am just getting in from a birthday dinner with 5 friends. I am feeling a bit sad. My buddy T that has found love recently, really was my best buddy. There was NO romance involved with us. We just has this buddy relationship. We're both single, and enjoy dining out and shopping. So we spent 3 days a week doing things. Tonight was the second time I have seen him since Fourth of July/ His new love was there tonight. I like her and I want him to be happy, but damn do I miss just having him available to call. HE WAS ALWAYS AVAILABLE! She has moved in completely. I'm not jealous, I just feel alone.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Been there, done that so know how you feel. A true friendship grows and stretches and changes as the people do. Sometimes the growing pains aren't fun and hurt; sometimes they are great. But don't feel alone - you have all your blogging buds that love ya!

"The Captain" said...

I hope things go better for you. Thanks for posting on my site.
jeff

Christine said...

Thats a tough one. Been there as well. You probably feel like you've been replaced and forgotten - but you have to know that friendship lasts thru everything. Just make sure to keep him in your life.

PS. You're not alone. I'm stalking you from central Canada. ;)

Mick & Cathy said...

I've lost contact with many old friends just gone seperate ways for various reasons in many cases lost complete touch.
In your case although you will see much less of this good friend he is still about and I'm sure he treasures your friendship.
New friends will appear as you go through your life and as Rach says "you have all your blogging buddies" hell two of them are hoping to meet you next month.

BarnGoddess said...

((hugs)) I understand completely. I have a couple of very close male friends. Buddies only.

Ive been here, happy your good friend found someone to love who is good for him but on the other hand very,very sad to lose their companionship.

Your time is coming, I think Mr.Right isnt too far away...remeber, where you least expect it. The grocers, the dept store......