Saturday, March 31, 2007


Ya know, I am feeling pretty good today. I managed to do a few things and thew in a few desirable things.
First, I slept late = )
Second, I went to my fav place in town for lunch: The Market and Jamie the owner was there cooking. Yippie!!!! It's rare to see him for lunch. T and I went. We both had some Sea crab chowder--can I lick my licks again? (cream based with a hint of cheddar cheese) We split an order of boiled shrimp and a basket of whole fried okra...we washed it down with sweet tea. One of the best things he prepares is a sauteed okra. I didn't know he was in the kitchen or I would have gotten it for the meal. It's sprinkled with garlic and just a tad bit of crunch. It's AMAZING. When he came out to our table, I knew I was taking a to go order home with me.
Third, I had a return of some cat food to Wal-mart, that was an hour in itself. Fourth, T and I came back to my house. He finally hooked up my DVD recorder. = ) Yeah!!! It had been sitting in the middle of my living room floor for 2 MONTHS. Fifth, my half bath blew 2 of the 4 bulbs in the lighting fixture, these bulbs are odd sizes (I bought some to fit at Lowes last week). I could not get one of the bulbs out. We ended up taking the whole fixture down and damn near rewiring it to replace a freaking bulb. This was a test of patience trust me. After we did all of this oh and I dusted, and cleaned n sliced some FRESH strawberries while he set up my DVD player. Plus I took out garbage~ We went to Big Lots and found some of my favorite FRUIT 2 O PEACH on sale....I bought some....I can drink that stuff 3 or 4 a day. I love my flavored water.
I took him to a new Mexican place for a light dinner. We split some nachos~ after all he worked awful hard. You single gals need to appreciate the guys you have if they fix ANYTHING and can mow a lawn.
I just got out of my hot tub. I jumped in it about an hour. It gave us a quick rain as I was driving home (yeah--washed all the pollen off of my car). It cooled things off a bit, so I took an Eagles cd outside with me...felt a slight breeze and now my muscles are TOTALLY relaxed. I took a cool shower and moisturized my skin with Brown Sugar and Fig creme from Bath & Body..I feel like a clean, fresh, peaceful lady at the present time. I have to GRAB these moments and embrace them. (It helps soooo much to know I have this WHOLE next week off)
* Sweet dreams*

4 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

ohhhhh that last paragraph sounds divine...
Self pamper... mmmmm

Mick & Cathy said...

Good for you you deserve a nice time.

Anonymous said...

So what did you decide to do with the whole week off????

Rachel said...

well, i am very jealous. when you read my blog, you'll see why.