Sunday, March 18, 2007


OK guys and gals, I made it home safely this morning. I came home feeling as if mom will be ok in the next few days..she has a home health nurse coming each day to give her a blood thinner shot, draw blood, and change/clean her bandage. The surgeon has her wrapped up with what looks like an ace bandage to support your breasts. It's tight and uncomfy she says. Her incision under her arm pit looks the most delicate. He took out 19 lymph nodes, test results Friday told us 7 were cancerous. He still plans on 4 more rounds of chemo and then radiation. I do feel better after meeting him. He had more than 10 residents under him. They all watched her surgery and check on her during her hospital stay. We were at Ochsner in New Orleans...where I was born. It is the best hospital in the STATE and I would say in the top 10 in the U.S. HE was more than competent and has been operating since the mid 70's. I hugged him when he gave me the post op news. He has a pleasant bed side manner...not many men in his position can offer that trait.
Just AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!
News in my life: na-da. Well, J called and said he was in Indianapolis with his grandmother or aunt this last weekend. He said he was sorry. He's surprised I would even want to talk to him again. Ya'll I feel a bit of Chemistry...and wanna pursue. YEP, I"M A HARD HEADED chic. I have (a week- Spring Break) off in 2 weeks. I am seriously thinking about going to Savannah and surprising him at work Tues/Wed and shopping during the day while I'm there. Comments???????
Thank ya'll SO VERY much for all the prayers and support. (((((((((HUGS)))))

7 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Good news!!! I am so glad to hear this about your mother. She sounds like she has a wonderful surgeon. It must give you some relief ((hugs))

Im not opposed to going to Savannah and shopping..or suprising J. afterall, a lot can be said for the element of suprise.....

and, chemistry is hard to deny.

Mick & Cathy said...

That sounds like its good news, I'm pleased things are going well for your mum. You also sound more upbeat sot thats also good.

Not sure about whether surprising Savannah boy is a good idea. I may be wrong but I'm not totally convinced with his excuses.
Why not suggest meeting half way like previous plan and see if he does a runner again.
I wouldn't want to see you hurt.

Bare said...

I'm so glad to hear things are looking up! I'm sure she'll be very sore, and I know the road to recovery won't be an easy one, but with a loving family and such a wonderful team of doctors/surgeons, things will be easier!

As for J, go for it! Hell, you only live once!

Rachel said...

I'd give J another chance. He such sweet eyes in the photo.... 1/2 way - nope. He DISAPPEARED so his happy ass can put the petal to the metal and come to your turf, chickie.

BG's right - you can't deny chemistry. And the more you try, the more it takes on a mind of its own and just gets stronger and stronger.

I am glad to hear your mom is doing okay.

FelineFrisky said...

So glad Mom has gotten through the surgery and is doing well. Much better to be at home than in a hospital.

Don't think surprising J is a good idea, I agree with White Rose Boy. Suggest 1/2 way again and see what happens.

Thanks for the emails, very helpful! Have a great Monday! D :)

Moby Dick said...

Best wishes to you and your mom. Hopefully the chemo will be successful.

Anonymous said...

I say go, but not to surprise J. Just go and have a good time. Who knows who you'll meet.