Thursday, March 01, 2007

De-virginized and fingerpaints

I thought at least the title would grab ya!
A friend sent these and a few others to me. This is what happens when artists get bored. They FINGER paint... All of these are hands...I thought they were pretty cool. Creative~
Well, I spent a few hours at the hair salon last night. I have mixed reviews. The guy Rodney is talented...no doubt! Last night was a bad afternoon for him. He employs his daughter who is about 18? 19? She seems to have a mild case of Down Syndrome...at least looking at her it's what I pick up. Anyway she got into a fight with him and he was upset. She is his baby and it's not easy to deal with her from what 2 of the other hairdressers said. They came over and worked on my foils while she was in the back throwing things. He apologized profusely~ Gave me a free eyebrow wax to make up for his time missed.( I always pluck and try to shape---not sure what I think right now...They are thinner than I am accustomed too , It was my first WAX--devirginized you see) ...I was there for awhile......
Well...When I got home A had called in the middle of the day just to say how much fun he had the night before...It was sweet. How I wish things were different for us.
Yes, his name has to be John . (My ex is too) John--a new guy in Savannah called while I was at the salon...I missed it too. (We've only been talking about 3 weeks) Oh well. I thought about driving over there as a quick weekend get away and to go to one of Paula Deens places (the seafood one) not The Lady and Sons....although if I knew her oldest son would be there, I might have to pop in he is SO HOT! YUM YUM YUM

Everyone says I need to see Savannah, the downtown area reminds them of the French Quarter. It would let me get my mind off of SHIT.
Well, hope Thursday is painfree for all of us, and wishing a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Diane!

7 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Impressive pictures.

Bare said...

I love the pics! Glad to hear you at least got a free wax out of the deal! I do my own eyebrows (waxing), and do typically keep mine pretty thin--

As far as going to school-- you don't have to have a license to do make-up at counters in the mall (Lancome, Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Clinque, Merle Norman, Estee Lauder-- ect.) If you want to do specialized things (like skincare AKA: microdermabrasion, lasar treatments, ect) You need an aesthetician license. You can get any license aesthetician, cosmotology, manicurist, shampooist, any of those type of licenses at your local school of cosmotology. Just look in your local phone book for beauty schools in your area. Usually, they're glad to answer any questions in regards to getting the license that's right for you :0)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

cool pics!

I want my eyebrows lasered, I get tired of waxing and plucking, ouch.

I heard Savannah was a beautiful city. If you have not visited it before, maybe you should check it out.

Rachel said...

I love the pics! Make sure you see Mr. Purdy on my post today. No kidding. He's gorgeous.

Rachel said...

Oh yeah - Brent sent me some info about Savannah for Mick. Do you want me to forward it to you?

celtic_girl said...

The pics are great, some people are so talented.

FelineFrisky said...

This artist has some really great works. He's done hundreds. Wish I knew his name, bet he's got a web page full of them.

Well, Savannah sounds great. Would it cost you much to go? Where would you stay? Well, my friend, do what your heart (and wallet) tell you. Hopefully they don't disagree.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a fantastic day, the first really good birthday in YEARS!!!!!

Hopefully, Friday passes peacefully for you. Enjoy yourself this weekend! D :)