Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wet weather





This is how our day has started...I watched the weathe report last night and it said rain, with possible sleet and snow just north of us...I woke up to RAIN and rolled over, turned the TV on before getting out of bed..in pure hopes of school cancellations....I refused to get out of bed until I heard the news.


I'm here. Wet...but here.


I have a few things in my mind. For starters....yesterday I got to thinking and reading ya'lls input. I will have the kids do a posterboard on the AAmerican I assign to them...and maybe singing videos (Mini American Idol) at the end of the week. I do want to do a collage of sorts outside my room. What I came up with last night **BRAINSTORMING*** was having my kids create a ladder....each step can represent a decade....One side of the ladder a musical note on top~ the other side a microphone~ Musical side decades of singers/songwriters...the other politicians and other voices of history like Oprah, and the 2 first african american football coaches going to the Superbowl this Sunday...


Your thoughts/Feedback on titles: "Voices of PROMINENCE", "Prominent Voices", Voices of Freedom, Voices of Leadership, Music and Politial Voices...."Climbing the ladder of success" What do you like? Or do you have other ideas???


Secondly, when I finally made it home yesterday, "A" had a message on my answering machine wanting to apologize about last week not working out. He asked if he could take me out to dinner one night this weekend. It was a very sweet message. It was nice to hear.


Thirdly, I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Scott last night. He's a guy from the internet that lives in Virginia. We are going to try and meet in Chattanooga for the day on Saturday. It's about 3 1/2 hr drive for me and about 4 for him. I was going to get a hotel room (I still might). It would be an easier place for a first time meeting--IN THE LOBBY--get your mind outta the gutter. He seems like money is tight, so I said maybe we can just drive for the day...have lunch somewhere and no one feels obligated. I hate to drive that distance and not have somewhere to relax or freshen up...on the other hand hotels are wanting about 100-130 a night. Any other ideas??? We have a lot in common, I have seen pics~ he's ok. I think if it doesn't work it would be on my part...I have only seen 3 pics of him, he's seen 20 or 30 of me...He contacted me on line. He's 34 never married, christian, college educated, a guitar player, football fan..and like s CATS!!!! Ok ladies....and he drives a TRUCK. He has the sexiest southern drawl...plus he can FIX things!!! Wahooooooo I know I am seeting myself up for a disappointment.



7 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Im first, yipeeeeeeee!

I think your ideas for your class project sounds like fun. It'll keep the students enthusiastic about the whole thing if it is made fun..but you already knew that.

I hope everything works out for you on saturday.The guy sounds nice, remember to look at the whole package. When I first met my husband, yes he definately caught my eye as far as attractiveness, but it was what he was inside that hooked me (besides the sex part!)

That is a long way to drive but it might be worth it! Ill be expecting a full report on Sunday...whenever you return home. As for the hotel situation, I am at a loss. I cannot come up w/ any sort of ideas. I refuse to stay in a scary unsafe dump of a motel that costs $50 a night, you should too....have you looked online for any hotel coupons? Sometimes I find good ones that way.

Mick & Cathy said...

Albert Johannson the first South African to play in the FA Cup Final the most famous soccer competition of them all.
Played for Leeds of course against Liverpool in the 1964 final.
The FA Cup was first played for in 1872.

Lucas Radebe the first South African soccer Captain to lead the country in the World Cup. Played for Leeds of course.

And of course Tony Yeboah the hardest shot ever (the one on my blog) is from Ghana. Goal was playing for Leeds of course.

I'll have you converted to the world game soon.

Meow Meow said...

BG- there will be absolutely NOTHING to report. = (

WRB- THank you for the info!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Rebecca.... I am so sorry your guy pulled out at the last min.. hehe.sorry bad joke...
I have no idea what to say about that one...
Maybe if he is that shy.. he is not the guy for you... you seem to be really out there and it might be a little hard if you have a really introverted guy in tow...
but hey..opposites attract...
just play it by ear...
oh and my blog was having a slight glitch..rofl... go back and check out my thankyou page... haha... its a little easier to understand what i was trying to do...
bloody blogger...

Rachel said...

Here's my vote - come up to Birmingham one weekend and WE WILL party. Forget Scott but we'll send pictures back of all the fun he missed that we had.

JMai said...

I like that ladder idea... maybe you could start way back with the underground railroad and Harriet Tubman and all that. Although not sure how easy it would be to find musical personalities from that era.

I don't like the sound of Scott. Either he's a chicken, or he's wishy-washy. And either of those is bad news in a boyfriend. There are good men out there... keep looking!

celtic_girl said...

Good luck with your meeting.He sounds really nice. As an idea for your school project, why not have the kids "be" the person they are researching ie they have to do their presentation in the first person and become the person,including dressing up like them. My daughter did this in her enrichment class, they called in "A Night of Notables" she did Mother Teresa one year then Audrey Hepburn the next.At the end of all the kids presentations the parents went around and spoke to all the "Notables" and ask questions pertaining to their relevant person.It was very intereting.