Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday

Well, after my shot and two of my antibiotics and 5 hours of sleep this afternoon...I feel a tad bit better. I did manage to get my fav sub for tomorrow. No way was I going to attempt to talk to /teach kids with my throat and head wanting to explode.

Fruit 2 O and chicken noodle soup are my only friends today. I doubt I will become dehydrated with the amount of flavored water I am drinking. I have to try to do something for my tonsils.

After my night sweats last night...I treated myself by opening some *NEW* Ralph Lauren sheets I had hid in my linen closet. They are a pretty grey blue and 400 thread count. Ralph always makes things better.

I have no energy....but clean sheets and pills to pop.

I talked with mom tonight. She had an appt today to get Procrid shot to help with chemo side affects. Her blood counts were low, they are considering a blood transfusion. She has a mammogram on the 15th and more blood tests. The 22 she meets with the surgeon to see where she goes from here. Please keep her in your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom gets good news. I'll keep you both in our thoughts.

I do agree, fresh sheets are so yummy. :)

Carrie said...

I love fresh, new, super high thread count sheets. It just feels so silky.

I will keep both you and your mom in my thoughts. HUG and get some rest today!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Ill be thinking of your mom, I hope she gets some excellent news.

Ralph ALWAYS makes things a lot better! Just like Louis Vuitton ;)

I hope you feel better asap

Bare said...

I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy, and getting some rest. I've been praying for your mom, and will continue to do so *hugs*

As for PCOS-- First, do you have insulin resistance? (I have PCOS/IRS) If so, then talk to your doctor about taking a twice daily injection called Byetta.

It's designed for diabetics, but works wonders for those who have PCOS/IRS (Insulin Resistance Syndrome) It makes your body only produce a certain amount of insulin, the amount you need. I also take Glucophage (Metaformin). 1000mgs a day to help my body absorb the insulin that the Byetta makes my body make.

If you have insulin resistance in addition to the PCOS (which is an advanced stage of PCOS), it's impossible to lose weight until you get your insulin under control.

I'll be honest with you, it's rough getting started, but you'll feel so much better in the long run. The injections don't really hurt at all, they're injected with a pin needle, versus a syringe. It's just, you can only eat a certain amount of food, and if you eat more than that, you're really, really sick, and you can't throw up, or "use the bathroom".

Once your body adjusts to it, and you figure out what amount of food works for you, then you're good to go.

If you've got any questions, please e-mail me, anytime :0) Hope this helps! *hugs*

Rachel said...

My boss' mom takes those shots, too. They help her alot. I'll keep your mom in my thoughts!

I'm off cleaning today. Then after school, my son and I are hitting Publix for some of those evil sugar cookies! When you get well - you've GOT to get some of those!!

Mick & Cathy said...

I hope it all helps your mum feel better.

FelineFrisky said...

Clean sheets DO help, don't they?? LOL Glad you had stashed them.

If you've got what we've got, hold on - you ain't seen nothing yet! Bri's on his 3rd antiliotic now. I am on #2, but my throar is killing me!

I am glad your Mom is keeping her schedule with her Dr's. It's important, not only for her health, but her emotional state. I'm sure she aches for you right now, like most Mom's do. Just cause she's ill, doesn't change her being a Mommy first!

Hugs & smiles! D