Monday, February 19, 2007

OK. I'm home. Mom is out of the hospital. She was there almost a week with a serious blood clot. She has two blood transfusions while there. She is also taking a blood thinner now. This is one of the OTHER unfortunate side effects of chemo. She has made it through 4 rounds. She sees her oncologist Thursday for more info. He is supposed to schedule her with the surgeon ....

I am so glad I took off of work and spent 5 days with her. I needed to see her and vice versa. I broke down at work last Tuesday to my principal. I had a doc appt to check up on my strep throat (you had to wear a mask in mom's hospital room to avoid germs) and I needed the ok from my doc as to not put her into any danger. Well my 4th period is my special ed kids mixed with my low kids. I am supposed to have a special ed teache rin there daily. These kids for the most part are BD (behavior disorder). I tole her and remineded her THREE times that I would be back from the doc a few minutes after classes had started. SHe forgets (or ignores me) and has our kids in the hall LOUD and without supervision. I come back from the doc to have not one but 4 teachers tell me my principal is looking for me. Another teacher covered the class, but I freak and have to find him. He says to me 'Well, "D" is in there covering for you now. I said wait a minute she is SUPPOSED to be in there with me. She's not covering. I did my paperwork. The secretary said I knew she was at the docs office. Well, this was just the break down moment. I lost it in the passage way between my asst principal and principals office all about mom.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I really am appreciative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Rebecca)))

I am glad you did take the time to be with your mom and that she is making her way day by day through her illness. It doesn't sound like many people at school give you the support that you need. Hope things are better this week.

Rachel said...

Hugs to ya, chickie. All your blogger buds are here for you, too.

I am glad you got the okay so you could go. That helped put your mind and your mom's at ease. Sounds like she is getting great care from her docs.

Keep your chin up. Maybe arrange a card shower from all her friends,if she likes that kind of stuff?

BarnGoddess_01 said...

thats good that you went and spent time w/ your mother.

what is the deal w/ the teacher that is supposed to help you and doesnt? maybe you need to get some stuff straight w/ her.

How is this week going for you?

((hugs))

FelineFrisky said...

(((hugs))))

Oh, so glad the time with your Mom was peaceful! It will be so helpful to her.

Lordy! work sounds awful for you. Where IS this teacher you're talking about? What's her excuse? I'd chew her a new rawhide, I would. It is NOT cool to do what she did.

\Perhaps the next time you make such arrangements, do it in fron tof the principles. Hard to fluff it off if they know the situation ahead of time.

My Hugs and prayers are with you & your Mom. I'm glad she's outta the hospital. D :)

Hannah said...

I'm glad you got to go home. I know Mom was glad too.

Yep, I loved Taylor Hicks on AI, but I really don't liek much of anyone this time . . .