Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wed

Well, I just called in for tomorrow too. All the subs at school today already have jobs for tomorrow. Oh well. Subfinder will have to find me one. I'm a bit feverish right now. I just found out my best co-worker is out today too. I bet the kids are going 'NUTS" with 2 subs on our team. I just can't talk for 6 hrs tomorrow, I don't have it in me feeling like this.


25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP-- Sad but true

1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You take naps.1

7. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good shit."

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking "Oh shit what the hell happened?"

BONUS:26: You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old ass.

11 comments:

Bare said...

OMG, I'm SO FRIGGIN' Old!!!

Glad ya got a sub, and you're taking tomorrow off! I hope you're doing better, I know that stuff sucks!

PS: Make SURE you take your Glucophage! I know how it tears up your stomach, I threw up for 30 days straight the first time I took it-- then, Dr. Crowder put me on Nexium, and I'm doing great. If you take your Byetta twice a day, and your Glucophage like you're supposed to (every day, the time released is the best) you WILL lose weight, I swear it. Look at me, I was a side of BEEF. I'm still a big girl, but damn, I've come a long way!

You will, too! *Hugs*

Carrie said...

Dammit!! I was looking for the loophole and I didn't find it! blah. :(

I'm sorry you don't feel well, but it's better to lay around now instead of trying to work and making yourself worse. Stay in bed, watch sappy movies and feel better soon. HUGS!

JMai said...

Awww at 17. No kidding. I can hardly imagine doing anything after dinner and a movie anymore, other than going home, maybe a little nookie, and then sleeeeeeeeep.

Damn.

Anonymous said...

LOL Rebecca.

I don't know about you, but I've been finding that my sense of humor is still intact.

Other than that? Big thumbs down. :(

TitanThirteen said...

I'm about half and half with that list, and i'm 36. Well alrighty then!!! Woohooooooo!

celtic_girl said...

Loved this, so funny but sadly true
Hope your feeling better, nuture yourself.

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for stoppin' by me blog. and yes, I got all the questions AND the bonus-- pathetic to get 100% on such a quiz. Oooh, for a failing grade!!

That first one-- about unsmokable plants-- was sooo funny I laffed so hard I brought on a coughing fit... not that it's that difficult these days.

as for the Sub Center finding one-- I used to worry about that. I used to think, 'oooh, it's 9:45. Math time. will they behave? are my lesson plans clear enough?"

NOW I don't even THINK about school if i'm not there... the apathy must be due to my age!!

Mick & Cathy said...

50/50 for me so I reckon I've still got a bit of life in me yet.

Love the post though.

Rachel said...

Love the post! HATE house plants, don't have a single one. Mother had a thousand in every single room growing up - of course, she had someone go around and water them so she didn't have to take care of them but I still hated the stupid things.

The Weather Channel?? I'd rather watch CNN (NOT).

Oh man, they have BoonesBerry Farm wine at Publix. I don't buy it but it's like $2.99 a bottle! No lie!

Hope you get to feeling better!

FelineFrisky said...

Lordy! It's just so sad! :(

I'll be 43 soon, sigh...

I feel 88. Tired, sore, sleep-deprived , scratchy throat, no appetite - the works! Grrrrrrr Add cranky to that list! LOL

Hope you are feeling better. Brian has been home this week so far, too.

D :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I hope you feel better asap.

#2 made me laugh!The forst 2 years hubby and I were together we slept in MY twin bed...comfortably too. Now its not comfy for 1 of us.

how sad!