Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

Ok...because of the questions that I received...Yesterday The Direct TV man showed up about 9:30 in the a.m. He spent an hour or so working in my yard from last night, installing the dish and the wires. Well, about 10:30 A lady stops him to ask directions. He sends her to my door, as I give her directions I see Romeo's G'ma, and Mom leaving for church. Well, I knew he was home alone....Then as the TV guy gets to setting things up, I find out I need a power strip in my bedroom. So after tearing up the house looking for one...I call across the street get his voice mail and ask, is there anyway you have an extra extension cord with several outlets laying around that I could borrow? Call me back. About 10 minutes later , he calls says all the ones they have are in use...SO I ask if he would come over and watch my house while I ran to Circuit City to get one. He says sure, He's fresh and clean and over here in 2 minutes. (NOW MIND YOU I AM A BACCALAUREATE AND DID NOT PLAN ON ANY COMPANY OF THE MALE PERSUASION--MY HOUSE IS A WRECK) Last weekend Angel was here for 2 nights with the concert, I spent the morning going through my big pile of junk mail on one of my sofa's... I am not one to make my bed...and I had a pile of clothes on my bedroom floor a silk robe hanging and jewelry all across my dresser...OMG my bedroom was a total PIG sty!
SO I leave him here with the TV man. I RUSH to the store...knowing he is taking a tour of my house ( i know I would have of the situation had been reversed) and tried to get back in a flash.

Well, he ended up just hanging out til 5:30 yesterday afternoon after getting here at 11:00. The TV guy left about 1ish....Romeo seemed to enjoy talking to him and asking him questions about his job and the company. But he just hung out after he left. We sat and talked and talked and talked. He gave me whirls of information about "the girlfriend". They have been seeing each other 13 months now. He says he feels like he would be betraying her trust by doing things with me. He has since changed his mind and said he doesn't think we should go to a concert together. He says' "It only takes one second for things to happen, Rebecca". I was hurt in my marriage with the wife cheating on me, and my girlfriend was hurt too. She has given me a lot of trust. I don't want to break that trust. She doesn't know about you yet". He opened up about a lot of things to me in 6 hours. From his sex life with the ex, to how he enjoys the GF's two daughters, to they kind of house he;d like, to some of the assholes he works with. I mean we covered a HUGE array of topics. I told him I thought it was cool that he felt so comfortable talking to me about this stuff. I mean the ex had a boob job and he was upset about it....to apparently she was a nympho, to his life when he was in a band on the road and the groupies he encountered. He says for so many guys women are just a conquest. I am not one of those guys. (this was refreshing). He seems to be such a sensitive guy. It makes me like him even more.

Well, now it's Monday one thirty and I got up did dishes unloaded the dishwasher and rolled my hair, no make up yet. I see that he's at home on a Monday and I am shocked he's not at her house. I called and left a voice mail asking him to call. It's been 20 minutes, no phone call. I am NOT putting on make up if I simply don't have too. I wanted to ask "So is there anything we can do that you feel safe with today????"
I mean the dinner being a date in his eyes, I am getting to understand. We definately have an attraction factor. BUt the concert, I am a bit thrown off. Buddy Guy is playing in ATlanta this Wed, and I have never seen him, Romeo has several times and loves his blues. He said it's the middle of the week (i get that) but then I am disappointed. I would have felt like hell, but dealt with it for him.
OK..he has the most kissable lips. They look so soft and I want to just lean over and kiss him something fierce. Tell me I am a nut job and it's a hopeless situation. DAMN

7 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Honest opinion - He is a decent bloke and I like his standards of not wanting to cheat on his girlfriend. Be honest he's been with her 13 months.
I know you like him but I fear the harder you try the more he may try and pull away from you.
I would not push him too much, he maybe unsure about his girlfriend, I'm not sure but you must let him make his own mind up on that.

You need to move on for yourself, hell there must be loads of good men who would want a date with a quality Girl like you.

Chris H said...

I think he sounds like a really nice guy, and perhaps you should take a big step back and wait and see what happens. You will not feel good about yourself if you cause him to make a choice he is not ready to make, or necessarily even wants to make. Life sucks sometimes, but I am sure there is someone out there for you mate.

Sweet and Salty said...

The guy sounds pretty decent and taking a step back sounds like the right thing to do. He seems content with his current situation.

Hey, there's got to be some other good looking decent guys around there, right?

BarnGoddess said...

okay, disregard my last comment on the post below...

ya know, romeo sounds like a decent guy. I think hes kind of not sure what he wants. Keep giving him the space and an open ear, that sounds like what he needs. He may have a change of heart.

Moby Dick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moby Dick said...

It is a hopeless situation, but good luck with whatever you do.

Christine said...

Sounds like you at least had good company for the afternoon. You learned alot and now you know you have a great neighbor too!

Not sure if I would have wanted him in my house while I was gone, ha. LOL!