Thursday, September 06, 2007


I really hate it when people disappoint me. *A* was supposed to come over right after work and look at my TV dilemma so I could WAtcH my SAINTS first regular season game at 8:30. I rushed home...straightened up the house just a bit to have him call me and say he had to drop some guys off from work and he was 15 minutes north of me, he lives 20 minutes north east of me now.

I'm just bummed, I was looking forward to it all day....my poor pitiful life.
Well it's half time and the score is tied at 10-10. Saints vs. Colts~ I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Direct TV. The girl I spoke to was sweet, but she's sending a tech out here Sat. I asked for the morning in hopes they would be here by noon.
My allergies have really been bothering my eyes. I work up damn near crying the other morning. I mean they burn a bit and are just irritated! Ughhhh

Thank God tomorrow is Friday. I've got LOTS to read for my night class on Monday. I just wanna hibernate with kitties (I am broke) and read in a peaceful environment.

I did however invite 4 teachers over for a lunch as soon as the temp's get a bit cooler. The 2 new ones that I work with and one that will be leaving us this year and one that I just LOVE!!!!
I want to come up with a fabulous menu...so please toss recipes my way of your favorites for a lunch or a dinner during the week.....Starters, meals, salads, desserts????

5 comments:

Christine said...

Bummer about the allergies. :) Have a great weekend and hope things get better with the tears.

BarnGoddess said...

men are so undependable. jerks!

I hope you get your TV business straightened out.

When I serve toasted/baked ravioli with sauce as an appetizer, I never go wrong.

Mick & Cathy said...

I know what you mean I hate it when I'm dissapointed and let down by people. I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I pride myself on my reliability and expect others to maintain the same standards.
I'm not good at 2nd chances and dumped loads of ex friends for this reason, I soon lose patience.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I'm sending my husband over - you guys can watch football to your hearts content, and I will bake you a cake and go play bingo! :P

Rachel said...

what about a seven layer salad? do you like those? if you do let me know, i have a recipe.

and if you like homemade pound cake with a nice butter ring - look no further...