Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am so busy as of late, I need to apologize to those blogger friends with whom I have not visited as of late.
First of all, I need to say that we REALLY were disappointed that Janet did not join us. She was suppoed to come to meet the man of her DREAMS~ Sir Mick..HE was down a bit over the whole situation.
You already know Sir Mick wore me out this weekend...I mean what an incredible gentleman to take us to Sambuca a modern day, upscale jazz club. We spent a enough time at the bar for several drinks...and listened to the end of the first set. Our saxaphone player was the BOMB! His heart and soul just poured out of that instrument. His accompaning band was almost as talented. Several guys on the keys, a mean guitar player, a spirited bass player and a downright dirty drummer. I bought the CD and had it signed before we left.
We also had a meal there...Mick ordered a steak and seemed quite pleased. I had a shrimp fettucine with a red marina sauce around the bowl. It was YUMMY! I will definately go back to this place! We stayed until the band finished and took a cab back to the hotel. The cab driver scared the hell out of me. I though he would put me through the windshield...and I was sitting in the back seat.

The next morning, Mick induldged me and spent several hours in LENOX mall with me. God bless his patience. I found a shop I have never been in Sephora. I lost my damn mind. It's all skin care, cosmetics and make up. They offer PRADA to Clinique. This is where Mick bought Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue cologne. It smells just YUMMY! I walked out of there with 200 bucks worth of stuff, i definately didn't need, but had to have! Ladies who are familiar with ULTA imagine it 4 times the size with NAME BRANDS of make up.

5 comments:

Bare said...

Yay! I'm first!!! Definitely sounds like a great time! Your dinner description made me kinda hungry! I'm jealous! *hugs*

FelineFrisky said...

Wow! Sounds like a first class evening! I just LOVE jazz, good food & company.

So, why isn't Sir Mick the man of YOUR dreams???

D :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mick & Cathy said...

Yes Rebecca our meeting was the highlight of my trip and I really enjoyed the Jazz Club and even the shopping was fun, you were good to spend time with.
Despite that and what has been said since I will emphsaise we were both dissapointed Rachel couldn't be there.

Butterfly,
I understand your support for Rach but don't blame Rebecca she did nothing that deserves critisism at all.
In fact we talked about Rach a lot, discussed ways we could help her actually and as I've said above were dissapointed she couldn't be there. Rachel was one of the reasons both of us went to Atlanta, she is calling it so wrong on what happend.
I believe we both understand her situation a lot, we have been there online for her for a long time, neither of us dissapeared from blog world when she was at a previous low point.

BarnGoddess said...

I am an Ulta addict. I MUST MUST go to Spehora now....NOT the online Sephora, already done that.

Mick sounds like a good time ;) Im glad y'all were able to meet and hang out. Good friends are worth their weight in gold as far as I am concerned and Mick seems like one of yours!