Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tuesday

Well, I survived Monday. Amen.
Our after school meeting yesterday was hosted by 2 of the gym teachers. They decided that ALL of the faculty would be doing Tae Bo in the gym after school yesterday. Now some of these teachers have been teaching for 28+ years...CAn you imagine the possibilities?? The postivie aspect was the teacher here I think is a GREAT GUY...(married--so totally off limits) was in the line in front of me~ I was able to capture every wiggle. hehehehe

Second, I found a couple of Hope stories on line yesterday, printed them and mailed them to mom. Her doc is supposed to be calling with test results within 48 hours of yesterday morning. Please Lord, do not let it have spread to the bones. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Third, I went by the Hardware store yesterday after work meetings and running by my aunts (she was having a GUMBO party- she got some good stuff while in Louisiana and brought it back Sat). His name is Greg. He's a perfect size guy. He's 6'4, brown hair, and piercing blue eyes. I went in with the excuse to get a key made...well, mom took my extra one when she was here a month ago...and he and I started talking on line about a month ago. He made it for me for free. He's a very likeable fella. We chatted for a bit, he handles contract sales for for the hardware store. He has a 4 yr old daughter. He's 4 yrs younger than I am. He's divorced and has been for 2 years. He has sole custody of his daughter. He is also a musician. (I have always had a weak spot for rock and rollers) Well we hung out for about 1/2 hour, yep he needed that cigarette (ugh--and I'm a former smoker)...But we'll see what I can do about that.
As I was leaving he reached over hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. It was actually kinda sweet. I was pleased. We are having dinner Wed at a local mexican place so we can get better acquainted. I can hope......

Alrighty, a conference with a parent calls and papers need grading and my desk needs organizing.

5 questions: I know the few readers that I have (I love ya for coming back to read me!!!) most of you are married. But for a moment pretend that you are back in the dating world and tell me what questions or key elements are most important to you in a mate....

The stuff that comes to mind for me are: education, financial security ( not being rich, but being able to pay your bills with out collection people chasing you down the street-with me working in Real Estate for 5 yrs, I know what bad credit can do to you and what it can cost you) and of course common interests...anyway

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR 5 questions to ask on a first date?????

6 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I don't think its a good idea going in with pre planned questions. I think its just what feels right at the time and varies from person to person.
I reckon the important thing is to show interest in him/her and ask the date a lot about themselves. Obviously your date should be showing interest in you also.

I will add smokers are a definate no go for me.

Good luck with the date though.

Liz said...

don’t know what to say (especially) on a first date …god you started me thinking, anyway,
good luck with yours :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

rebecca i LUV ya girl :)

tae bo? LOL thats too funny, leave it to gym teachers

Greg sounds promising, really very much so!
the blue eyes....sigh

After your dinner I WANT details-k?

My questions may be a bit different than yours.....

1. do you like horses, can u ride?
2. kids, how do you feel about raising them? schooling ect...
3. financial situation, how is it? like you said, thi sis important these days
4. relationship history, get the details of his past loves and MOST IMPORTANT, his relationship with his family-mama, dad, bro, sis, cousins ect...
5. drinking and drugging...ya just gotta KNOW these things

I hope I helped ya!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I almost forget, criminal history. That is another MUST KNOW....

the smoking thingy is no biggie. My husband has never smoked, I used to smoke like a freight train.....I eventually quit.

he may be motivated to quit if he stands a chance with a wonderful woman like yourself!

sherry boles~ said...

Hi, Rebecca~
(I was just looking around and saw your blog.)
I really hope everything goes well with your Mom...
About the dating thing...I did ask lots of questions...but more than that, I kept my eyes OPEN!
My advice: More than asking questions, watch everything!! Watch how he interacts with everybody. (I tended to worry about how they acted with me...and ignore how they acted with others...BIG Mistake!) Watch how he acts even when he thinks no one is watching.
And watch out for yourself! Dating is tough...I'd hate to have to go through it again!
Best of luck!

Hannah said...

I'm with White Rose Boy. I wouldn't plan, but questions I know I'd probably end up asking would be:
1) Is he Christian?
2) Is he close to his family?
3) Realtionship history
4) Future plans (more kids, wants to go back to school, etc)
5) anything that indicated morals/values since that is so important these days.

Those are such things I would ask, aren't they?

Oh, I am planning on going to mom's party assuming my sis can watch Olivia. James will be out of town on a business trip. Are you going?