Saturday, November 04, 2006

Disappointment***

Ok. I'm home. My day was well relaxing and yet FRUSTRATING! I am just getting in. I drove to Dothan Alabama today. I went for two reasons. One was to see Jim a guy I used to date~ we met on line 5 yrs ago, right after I moved to Ga. We dated about 8 or 9 months. We both kinda decided that a 100 mile drive was tough on both of us. We have remained friends and talk a few times a month. Well, another guy started to email me on line that lives in Dothan. How strange is it thst he dated Jim's ex-girlfriend. (Freakishly small world)?????? Insert your comments here.

Well Jim and I had mexican for lunch. Well, the annual PEANUT festival is happening in Dothan. Jim's business has a boooth there. He deals with lumber. Anyway, he needed to get to the fest and I was going to meet up with 'A' for the first time. We say our goodbye's and I hop in my car....my car won't start!!! SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had my 60,000 mile check up with the Honda dealership 2 weeks ago. Well, Jim and I chase around town to find jumper cables---no neither one of us had any..(I do now--after buying them today ) I had to call "A" back and tell him, I would be late. Umm, this doesn't sound so wondeful, Hi. Let's meet but wait my car is broken down...Jim jjumped it, I drove to Walmart and got in line for service. I just broke down with the girl that waited on me. She asked so how is your day? Well, i let loose. I told her how Jim was an Ex. How he checked out this guy I am supposed to be meeting from on line. How he works for one of the local radio stations and announces football games in the area. Plus he teaches at the local highschool and college. Well, she's laughing her ass off at me for all of the turmoil I am feeling. Well, "A" gets out of his car and I see him in the rear view mirror, she starts describing his car--I get a look at him and was bummed. I sound so shallow~ He just wasn't what I was hoping for from the pics that I saw. ~ She wishes me luck and says it will be about 2 hrs before my car is ready. So I go with him, so he can eat lunch. He felt uncomfy meeting me and J for lunch. Well, he's SUPER sweet. I mean really a nice guy. I just couldn't see kissing him. We talked a couple of hours.

I asked him to bring me back to my car. I stopped at the mall and picked up a couple of presents for mom and auntie and Linda.

My drive home was simply beautiful. Dothan is about 80 miles north of Panama City ,Fla. The sun was setting, all I could see was Fall foilage, lakes, bails of hay, cotton fields and John Deere equipment. The sky was extraordinary. I love the wide open spaces. I really do want a few acres of land and someone special to share it with. Why do I have to be so DAMN picky??????

1 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

If the 'spark' isint there, then it WONT work. Your not being picky.

Sorry about the car incident. Car troubles suck. I hate cars. I think I was born in the wrong century, honestly. My husband just gets me a new car every 2 - 3 years so I am not calling him about noises, car troubles ect...I'd rather ride a horse!

You'll be suprised, you;ll meet mr.right when you least expect it! but, ya gotta make yourself 'available' too. I am not a fan of online dating but I have heard of many success stories. I am just leary of strangers.

So,about J, 100 miles isint crap, its gotta be som eother reason your still not dating....