Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voter turn out

Well, the day is here...I will be so glad not to see all of the CRUMMY political ads ALL over every station I seem to watch (except Lifetime Movie Network). I really hope voters make a positive impact today. I want to see Republicans keep their house majority. I know Bush has made some mistakes, but Democrats just don't seem to get the idea of correctly managing funds. Yes, we need some help with Health care, the Elderly need some tax breaks but so do the working middle class. Yes, we need to get out of Iraq, but we can't just hop on the next plane--- that would mean the solders that did lose their lives over there did it for nothing. We have to be able to pull out in a timely manner and leaving Iraq better than when we got there. They have the right to a democracy too. On the flip side I was upset on how we could send SOOOO many troops over there and HELLO in our own country let the victims of Hurricane Katrina be left to fend for themselves. I have been home several times since the devastation and in August there were still FEMA trailers ALL OVER. If we had military help to rebuild ----the city could move on and get rid of the debris, bring families home, open the family business again and "Let the Good times Roll again" in the City that care forgot.

One more note, I watched CMA awards last night and I was disappointed in how faith Hill handled herself when she didn't get the award and Carrie Underwood did! She has an incredible hubby to go home too, 3 adorable girls, and more awards and money than all of Georgia combined. The face and gasp she made was simply unnecessary.

3 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Oh and did I mention how HANDSOME RONNIE DUNN Looked last night???? I love that man!!! At least now after our Meeeting in AUgust he now knows that! All I could say to him was "I LOVE YOU" no really Ronnie "I LOVE YOU"!!!! All he could do was smile and hug me...and then he did a little dance for me. It was priceless!!!

FelineFrisky said...

Wow! You MET Ron Dunn?? Where were you? Was it a concert?

Yes, the politicians will stop bombarding me with telemarketer calls after today! and the junk mail will lighten.

We voted last Saturday. We get early elections in FL.

Politics confuse me. I'm a dunce. Just don't get it. How it can be so hard to do the simple things. sigh.

Hope everything goes well and the best choices win. D :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

well.......faith hill-ick! I do not like her.....

anyhow, I voted and NO LINES either yipeeeeeeeeeeee