Sunday, November 26, 2006

Monday







**********************************************************************************


Baked Artichoke Dip---it looks yummy to me (I haven't tried it yet)




Need an idea for how to kick off the festivities with flair? Try this creamy and delicious veggie dip, but move quickly to get your taste -- it'll be gone before you know it.
Servings: 4
Ingredients:
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or 1 cup chopped fresh spinach)
1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 package cream cheese, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all of the ingredients and place in a baking dish. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and serve with crackers.

***********************************************************************************
Well, the holidays do not allow for me to lose anything...I just gain TWICE of what I normally do in a month. Type 2 diabetes can suck....your body just doesn't react to sugars and carbs as friends...but enemies.

Have I mentioned I HATE MONDAYS??? ALL we have are meeting all freaking day. We meet during our planning period. Then have kids from 10-4 then meet again for some BS stuff from 4-5.....(no we are not paid for that time frame) MEOW~



I had to give myself a moment of lust~ I get so few that are attainable these days.....

Wahoo~ my team leader just came in and said our GRADE level meeting had been cancelled this week. Can I hear an AMEN????

I might ....might....go by a local hardware store after work and our AFTERNOON meeting in the Gym...and check out a guy I've been talking to on line for a month or so...He doesn't have all the qualities I want (like he's a smoker) but he seems like if nothing else we could be friends. Yep, I can dream hence I KEEP POSTING my Ronnie Dunn pictures......

3 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

OMG that dip sounds YUMMY!!

Is is safe now to eat spinach?

My ass is getting bigger and bigger everyday. My jeans are tight again. I never thought I'd saythis, but I miss when my jaw was broke and wired shut. I lost weight!

ummm. that pick of RD with his mouth open makes me want to sticksomething in it.....

The hardware guy sounds fun, 'cept for the smoking......does he ever want to quit? maybe theres hope! or maybe he has a non-smoking brother or cousin..\
I hope your monday goes by fast and painless

FelineFrisky said...

Hey there! Thanks for being a regular at my place! I am back to normal, so far, this week - we'll see how things work out! The dip sounds delish! Ronnie is such a hunk, he's rich and he sings - sigh...

I know what you mean about sugar and carbs, I'm a type 1. Insulin can help retain weight, too - argh! I am on 150 carbs per day. I used to walk every AM, but with the winter coming on, I stopped. I try to maintain during the holidays - it's too hard to lose. I save the work for after the holidays, when things return to semi-normal. Hope your Monday flies by! Chin up & go check out that guy! DETAILS tomorrow! LOL D :)

Rachel said...

The dip does sound yummy!! Even if you don't date the hardware guy, you might could be friends and then meet some of his friends....