Wednesday, November 15, 2006

tears ~

Well, I just broke down to one of my co workers. She came in my room to ask about my Thanksgiving plans and I just burst into tears. (My parents were supposed to come up here) My aunt asked me to stop by her place yesterday after work. I stayed in the car cause these crutches are killing me and my arms n chest. I am using muscles I never knew I had. I was in more pain I think from them than my foot yesterday. The Doc gave me a shot yesterday that he gives to arthritis patients for inflammation and swelling.

Ok. My aunt said I talked to your mom after her doc appt this afternoon. She had a cyst in her breast that had filled with fluid. She had it drained about 2 weeks ago. Well, yesterday the doctor told her it looked suspicious and wants her to see a surgeon and an oncologist this week. OMG~ she's my mom. I mean, this can't be happening to MY MOM. Last night, all I could do was research on line for doctors in New Orleans and Cancer centers for women and Doctors records/lawsuits/complaints. I mean for the first time in my life I think I really dealt with the possibilty of death. Driving from my her house to mine.....in tears..all I wanted was to be held. I almost called my gay friend, (he would have come over) but it wouldn't have been the same. I miss John and feel like I need him right now.

I'm scared.

If I keep typing I am going to start crying again, and I just can't do that at work again today. I get kids in a few minutes.

5 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Rebecca-hang in there and THINK POSITIVE until all results are back!

have you spoken to your mother?

if it is breast cancer, it is has the best cure/survival rates of any other type.

Im here for ya, if you need an ear, friend, whatever I am available!
email: lorinokla@aol.com

BarnGoddess_01 said...

swampwitch is a survivor:

http://anecdotes.typepad.com/

her blog is jam packed with info on breast cancer.

Rachel said...

Hang in there, girl. It could simply be a cyst and nothing else. And remember - it is better to know than not know because if it is more serious, then this doctor just did a wonderful thing by having her get it checked out further.

Ehugs from all your blogger friends. You're not alone, we're here for ya.

Meow Meow said...

BG- I tried to post again on your blog from work. It kicked me off and I lost my post~ sorry.

Thank you for your positive words*

Rachel- It has to be removed but this is the doctor report for her to see an oncologist ASAP.

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE PRAYERS~

Hannah said...

BG is right-- it has great survival rates. When does she find out for sure? Try to stay positive, it could be something else.

You can always call me. I had a baby, but I'm still your friend and I'm still only 10 minutes away. Please let us know when you hear something more. I'll call my family group at church and put in a prayer request right now . . .