Thursday, August 03, 2006

OCD

Well, still no air at school. MISERY! This has been every day this week. SCREAM

I worked really late well...7:00 pm after getting here at 7:30 with no air is LATE for me...but one of my favorite students froma couple of years ago....came to see me yesterday afternoon and wanted to help! So I jumped and said yes. Her mom and brother were here...her mom is a bit odd. My student we will call K...Is so very bright, a talented writer and artist. She has been hurting herself at home. She had a welt on her arm...Mom proceeds to tell me she was molested when she was 8 and that K is dropping off grade wise and she's in therapy now. OK well....this is personal info and mom is shouting it from my room....How sad is that for K? It sucks! After we worked inmy room..I took her for pizza...Mom told me how they are on food stamps, hubby is on disability. They were renting from a slum lord...I didn't know her home life was this sad. This weekend, I will clean out my cup board and see if I have some food for them to eat. I look, listen and feel so much empathy for this girl. She's the type so smart, hopefully she will get a scholarship! Pray for her and her family.




YEP, that's my title...I get into these ruts and well...OBSESS...and right now is one of those ruts! Yesterday, being a member of the fan club (Brooks and Dunn) of course...Pre sale tix went on to the show in Atlanta in November...which happens to be on Veterans day and I have NO SCHOOL and its a Friday! Well the first set of tickets I bought were on the left facing the stage...myman Ronnie sings on the right. Well for fear of not getting close I bought them. I kept trying for an hour or so...and finally got them on the right 4th row....So I bought them too. Granted these were 50 dollar tix...the ones on the left were 5th row....so I'm pretty sure I will sell the ones on the left for a profit. If you are not a fan they are country stars...23 #1 hits over the last few years.....and I only discovered them in the last 4 years....

0 comments: