Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hurricane Relief

I have tons to say...but not all the time in the world to say it! I am under the weather feeling crappy! Sinus/sore throat/headache....UGHHHHHH I'm taking meds and going home to crawl into bed....early!

My trip was a success! I will post pictures soon...I managed to get pics with Brian McKnight, Dr. Phil, Dr. Phils son (who got married the day after to a playboy model no less) Jeff Foxworthy and my guys Brooks and Dunn. I was such a nut! They were late to the party....But I was the first person they saw when they walked thru the doors. All I could manage to get out of my mouth to Ronnie was "I LOVE YOU"...he walked over and huged me, then I said again..."I LOVE YOU"...he did a little dance, I damn near lost my mind. I got 2 pics with them...The preshow party was cool...they fed us N'awlins stuff like muffelattas, stuffed shrimp, and gumbo in a martini glass! They also had fresh fruit and an open bar with red and white wine....The people who purchased the first 6 rows were given a bag of goodies...A few books (one by Dr. Phils wife, one about the devastation and photos of Hurricane Katrina), a Dr. Phil coffee cup, A DVD of Blue Collar Comedy, Cd's by Brian, Allen Toussiant, and Brooks and Dunn...A baseball cap and other goodies...My tickets could not have been better. I had 3rd row center. I took over 150 pictures...The stage was set up with a backdrop of St. Louis Cathedral (The most beautiful church I have ever been in...and where I Hope* Dream* and Pray* to get married) and they designed 2 balconies on each side...It was really a good job! I have no regrets on the money I spent, it was worth every penny! The money goes back to the City employees who stayed and worked during this time of crisis. My city is rebuilding and slowly....very slowly getting back on it feet. Keep those prayers alive!

2 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

wow! it sounds like you had an awesome time! Just reading about the food is making me hungry...

Hannah said...

Wow! I want to see pics!