Monday, August 28, 2006

FEMA

Do I really have to get up, function and teach tomorrow? I took a co-worker out to dinner this evening. She is recently divorced and her daughter just moved out to go to college. It's her birthday today and she was feeling really low.

I am still a tad bit growling on the different prep classes....but 2 is better than 3. I am really thinking of N'Awlins as tomorrow (Tues) is the one yr anniversary of Katrina. So many news programs are reliving the devastation. It saddens me to see how very LITTLE the government had given in the form of immediate and continuous relief. People should not still be living in FEMA (Fix everything my ass) trailers...and trying to make ends meet. How can we give so much to other countries and forget about our own?

I'm homesick and sad at the same time. Pray for the people who are still trying to rebuild their homes and attempting to make another life for themselves. Gutting homes, treating the frames for mold, gathering debris and trying to salavge their sanity in the process is hard.

2 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

I am also embarrassed by our gov'ts short sightedness in helping our own. Republicans really suck. The blame game is foolish. They are all involved and should own up. I pray for all who still survive in N.O. today. D

BarnGoddess_01 said...

blogger ate my comment dammit

anyhow, I agree we are giving foreign countries tons of $$ and people in the USA are suffering, ESPECIALLY the Katrina victims....sigh

its time to take care of our own!