Thursday, October 12, 2006

On the floor

I was NOT in the energy mode this morning...I finally got out of bed at 7:20 and made it to my aunts house to drop mom off for the day. I made it to school by 8:10. Trust me that is a feat...I actually rolled my hair this morning, took roller out in the car driving while mom damn near had a heart attack.

Well, report card covers were due back today. This is a busy morning for me! As the homeroom bell rang one of my IB students (International Baccelaurate Program) was helping me organize these covers alpabetically. I went in the hall trying to get students out of my room and on to their exploratories...I was talking to a student that was moved to the other 6th grade team. At my feet my student Brian fell---boom. He looked as though he had a mini seizure...As if he tried to get up but he couldn't move. The guidance counselor came running over to help. Apparently, while I was talking to Sara he hit his head on the front door of my room and blacked out. He scared me to death. He's got the LOVE to give and the character to be a comedian. I called mom got her to come and get him. I told her he needed to be seen by a physician and checked for seizures. I hope I did the right thing by suggesting he be checked.

1 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

definately the RIGHT thing! Im glad you called his mom and told her to get him checked.

Better safe than sorry with ANY kind of head injury.

your poor mother!! I also multi-task behind the wheel, s big no-no but impossible to avoid with a toddler......