Thursday, September 21, 2006

THURSDAY

AMEN, I have made it through most of the week.... I was graced or blessed (however you like to perceive it) with Teatopia for dinner last night. I actually had an adult conversation and was eager to get more! I really miss my two closest buddies at work this year. She is home with Olivia and B was moved to another school in the district. We went to a local Italian eatery..I had garlic roasted potato soup with bacon and green onions...ummm YUM..and I brought home my lasagna ....I LOVE THEIR SOUP!!!!! Our lives are so different now, but one common aspect is we both want to cut up credit cards and pay them off ASAP. ME personally, I am an impulsive buyer, as I am an impulsive eater..So which one can you help me with???

So when will my readers start charging me for therapy sessions??? You should you know.....

I am still waiting for delicious dish ideas!
BG- yes, I will be staying way from spinach for several months with the ecoli scare..

6 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

Credit cards suck. Handy, but addictive. I always think of it this way, you charge it & you pay almost half again what it's worth withthe interest they chatge! No thanks, I'll do without. When I'm emotionally unstable, do I binge eat! It's terrible. I can identify. Nothing like treating yourself to friends, conversation and good food.

FelineFrisky said...

What kind of dish ideas are you looking for? a genre - vegetarian? or a side dish or main course? Does it matter? I have an incredible amount of recipes I can share. Tell me what you like. D :)

Hannah said...

One fun appetizer is to take skewers and alternate ham cubes and cheese cubes on them. Then, stand them up in a fancy glass and let people pull them out. They're fun. You can also do cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cubes. Yum!

FelineFrisky said...

Do you like mushrooms? I have an easy and tasty stuffed shroom recipe. They can actually be a side dish instead of an appetizer, they are that filling. Let me know. D :)

BarnGoddess_01 said...

I cant help you w/ the impulse eating.... I LOVE to eat, everything!!!! I just try to get as much exercise as my fat *ss can take. Even tho I stay pleasantly plump, I feel good exercising.

now for the credit cards...cut ALL of them up- EXCEPT ONE. Keep your best one for EMERGANCY purposes ONLY.

I am serious. Hubby and I were so far in debt, litereally...not even funny, it was SCARY and we dodged bill collectors calling ect...we fought about the bills, the whole nine yards. Crude Oil hit rock bottom, my $27,000 a yr job moved out of state....we were in serious money troubles.....we bailed ourselves out.....slowly with credit counseling and legal help.

Now we have 1 emergancy creditcard, 1 mortgage, 1 auto loan (hubby's company buys him a new truck every 1-2 years thankfully!) THATS IT no more groaning when the phone rings, or fighting about $$.

you'd be suprised how great it feels to be debt free, it lasts forever, a lot longer than the immediate JOY I got from impulse buying....

Good Luck!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

LOL-whatda mean NO MORE spinach?!??! I am afraid I am off it for life now....sad.

Here is one of my Fall faves appetizers:

Baked Ravioli

2 tablespoons milk 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup dry Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1 package (25-ounces) frozen cheese filled ravioli
Olive oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup spaghetti sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine milk and egg. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
3. Dip ravioli in milk mixture and coat with breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet.
4. Spray each ravioli liberally with cooking spray, coat with breadcrumbs again and spray a second time with cooking spray.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with sauce.

EXCELLENT and EASY