Wednesday, December 05, 2007

MOOOOOOOOOOO

OK. I am the star of the show. This last week has been really tough on me. I am close to 2 family members....both of them are ON me about losing weight. One is just not tactful. The other one tries to guilt me into it. She says if you won't do it for me....then do it for your new man. Well, what about losing for the health problems...the high blood pressure and the type 2 diabetes.

I told you he hurt my feelings over the weekend right? Well, we were driving down the road and talking about his ex- whom I liked. He made some comment that she was chunky now...I said "You think she's chunky now?' He says "well yes, she lost alot of weight a couple of years ago I mean she used to be as big as you are" .

Ok my heart sank. I mean really sank. He likes BBW women....and I knew that going into to this...but the comparison he made really distraught me. It ruined my entire day. We ended up talking on my couch that night...he went home and made me brownies of all things. I just started crying. I mean I felt like if anyone was on my side he was. I am not even PMSing. I just lost it. He apologized and said he liked me just the way I was, but if it bothered me why not do something about it.

Last night one of my relatives just laid into me...I finally said "If you and she don't shut up about my weight, I will just quit talking to you". and I hung up the phone.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

BBW? I don't know what this means. And, yep I would have been crushed by his comment too. You can only lose weight for yourself, if and when you are ready to, and that is all there is to it. If Mr Wonderful is not 'happy' with chunky girls maybe he should look in the bloody mirror, cos hes not exactly tiny himself! Work on it, if he's 'the one' he won't care that you are a bit 'chunky' at all. Hell my hubby loved me through all my sizes, and I went from a 10 to a 28 and back to a 12!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

I agree with Chris h, weight loss is something you have to want to do yourself.
Although he was "out of order" saying what he did, look at the positive side. I reckon it means he's comfortable talking personel issues with you, that can be a good sign.
As for your relations, of course their points are valid and they have your interests at heart don't be insulted but make your own decisions.
I think at present you are a little like me, sort of would like to lose some weight but not quite enough to give up a few of the good things in life we enjoy. Personally I like drink and food whereas with you its more the nice Food you love (and possibly hatred of exercise).
As I've said earlier its up to you whether you want to try lose weight or are you happy how you are. Some people will predjudice against you cos you're overweight but they aren't true friends so not worth worrying about.
I'm gonna give the weight loss another crack in the new year and I'm sure a few other bloggers will be also. If you fancy a go we'll start a weight loss blog club and help each other. Again its up to you my friend.

BBW - "Big Busted Women" I reckon it means, I love em.

celtic_girl said...

BBW - Big Beautiful Woman!!

I dont blame you I would have felt like I'd been slapped in the face with a wet fish.Some people though have absolutley no tact,maybe your beau is just one of them and really didn't mean to upset you.

That comment "if you wont do it for me, then do it for your man" doesn't wash with me, if you decide to do it, do for yourself and no one else. Chin up and big hugs.

Sweet and Salty said...

Oh, I'm really sorry he hurt your feelings like that. I can't imagine a more tactless, thoughtless, mean thing to say to someone.

I do hope that you find just the right size for yourself where you're happy.

TitanThirteen said...

Your relatives really need to back off! I don't know how you've tolerated it for so long girlfreind!
My sister went through a stage of saying to me, every time i ate something, "Do you really need that?" So everytime she lit a cigarette, i said, "Do you really need that?" She soon cut the crap!
My father in law gets on my back about my weight when he drinks at Christmas. I make jokes about it like, "Shut up old man, or i'll scratch all your Tammy Wynette CD's!!" Or "If it bothers you so much, Come over to my place and walk with me each day. Otherwise shut up about it!"
Once he realises i won't put up with it, he stops it. But i have to go through it each Christmas. Now i just expect it so i go verbaly armed.

I too would have been upset by R's comment. But remember, he is a man, and men say dumb stuff without malice and without meaning to all the time!
He made a mistake, and he knows it.
You've dealt with it, so move on :o)

Besides, I'd die for your figure right now! When i saw the photo of you and R together, i wondered where your weight problem was. You look pretty dam fine to me!

Tell those relatives that unless they want to come over at 5am to walk with you, shut the hell up.
You can do it :o)