Monday, November 12, 2007

Hi ya'll. It has been a busy weekend for me. I have really slacked in blogger visits and in blogger posts. I apologize cause I really miss your comments when I am away.

Today is Veteran's Day observed and I am off from work, but have class at the college tonight. I debated on going, but I need to save an off day for when I really need it and not when i'm just feeling lazy!

OK just a start of my weekend. Friday, I left work and came home with no plans. About 30 minutes after I got here, by doorbell rang. Romeo showed up. I haven't seen or talked to him in a few weeks even though we live across the street from each other. HE came in and started telling me about the Greg Allman concert last weekend. He said how I should have gone because his girlfriend only knew a couple of the songs. Well, if you guys remember I asked him to go and he flat out said no, he had other plans. Well, my phone rings and I have Direct Tv--so the caller is displayed on my television. It's Reagan and wants to know if we can go to dinner somewhere. Of course I said yes but that I needed to get dressed and paint my face...he said he'd come over. Well, R is sitting across from me and listened to out entire conversation and plans we have covering the next few weekends...So when we hung up he gave me some ?????? about all of this. I told him a few complimentary things about the Professor. He seemed a bit taken back. I told him over again, you and I talked about dating and our timing is just off, and you seem pretty content about your g'friend..so what's up? He said well you never know how things will work out. I just don't know ..Well next thing you know he says there is a car in your driveway. Professor made it here in like 10 minutes. R jumped up and said do you want me to go get the door for you. Ya'll he was nervous. HELL, I was nervous! Professor looked good! He was in a coat and tie....I was impressed. They introduced themselves and I stood there in my living room a tad bit uncomfortable. They talked cars cause Prof has a fully loaded decked out Mustang that really is sweet. Bill left and I know when he pulled up all weekend he saw his car over here. I am just wondering if he is having second thoughts now?????

Comments on any of this????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Nothing like a new guy, a good looking guy with a hot car to make the waffles burn. :)

Good for you Rebecca, I hope it keeps going good for you and the prof.

Chris H said...

Stick with the professor, Romeo wants his cake and eat it too. That's my humble opinion.

angelfish24 said...

It's hard to tell what's on Romeo's mind. Maybe he thought he has you as second runner up if things didn't work out with his girlfriend and now that you are dating it put him off balance a bit.
I agree, stick with the professor he sounds nice and time will tell where it goes. I was a bit of a risk taker when I met my hubby and we moved fast but it lasted.

Mick & Cathy said...

Never be somebody's No2 when you can be No1, at this moment in time its got to be Professor. Romeo had his chance thats now his loss.
If in the future you find things don't work out as planned with Prof then Romeo may become YOUR 2nd option.
Hope that makes sense cos you are a great catch for anyone and I want to see you with a person that puts YOU first.

BarnGoddess said...

The NEW mustangs are my dream car!!!

The Prof sounds like a keeper :)

So sorry Romeo missed out.

Well, if things go South w/ you and the Professor then MAYBE Romeo can get back into the game.


My words for Romeo:
You never know WHAT you got until its GONE

Now for you Meow:
as far as Im concerned, your a good catch. It looks like the Professor KNOWS this :)HE sounds like a great guy so far....still early yet, right?