Monday, July 30, 2007

Wahhhh WAAAAAHHHHHHHH




Yep, it's me trying to get motivated to go back to school next week. Can you see the enthusiasm??? Don't I just shout out EXCITEMENT? I think so!
I went school shopping today, The Gov. of Ga as of last year, gives teachers a 100.00 prepaid visa to buy stuff for our classroom. I needed folders, staples, markers, pens, tape, post it notes, colored paper.....I went over the 100 and paid the difference.
If you ever feel the need to buy a teacher a gift..get her a gift card to walmart or an office supply place. These make great Christmas gifts---even if it is 10 or 15 bucks.
I also registered for one class this fall. $702 bucks for one graduate class. OUCH.
I need a sugar daddy with patience, romance and unlimited bank account---of course he has to LOVE cats!!!!

6 comments:

"the captain" said...

Hey there, I might be out in Georgia towards the end of next month. We should be get a few ice teas and see the circus. Do you have a local zoo nearby?

Christine said...

I do feel that teachers are VERY under appreciated. I did go to college for 3 years for teaching, but did change my mind at that point and go into health care (its still a touchy subject with my mother, ha) - but I am happy with the decision that I made.

Teachers work very hard. Lots of hours outside of 8 to 4 - thats for sure! $100 certainly doesn't go far these days.

Kim L said...

I'm not very excited about going back to school either. But, I've been enjoying spending my $100 in Sonny Money (for those not from Georgia, Sonny Purdue is our governor who authorized the gift cards).

celtic_girl said...

Pretty tough you have to buy your own stationary. I got a bit choked up reading your previous post.Hope
your feeling a bit better about it.

Anonymous said...

I have never understood why teachers have to buy supplies.

You do look great exercising in these pictures though. ;)

Unknown said...

Rebecca, sorry you are having such a tough time getting motivated to return to school. My daughter is going to college to be a teacher. I hope she is happy with her decision. I agree you shouldnt have to buy your own supplies~but thank goodness you have the 100.00. Thanks for the suggestions on the gift card. I usually get the teachers award stickers and stuff like that. But I will definately use that suggestion this year!