Thursday, July 12, 2007

OK, it's midnight and I am just getting home. I have been at Cathy's house for 4 hours! We are taking a class together at CSU this summer and we are partners for a presentation due next week. So after class we went to dinner and then to her place and been staring at Power Point for 4 hours now. MEOW! However, I feel lucky because I got the BEST partner in the class. She's so funny! I told her she should have minored in comedy in under grad work. We are debating taking some more classes together in the Fall and Spring. Yes, for spring we are just feeling overwhelmed for FALL and back to school, plus she has 2 kids--

11 and 7. So we'll see~

No, other news here, I stayed in bed til noon. That was nice! I am going to do something festive with a friend Sat night. I hope it's a happy occassion.
I am a bit tempted by the fella across the street. So I need feedback~ *HINT *HINT *HINT*---especially my regulars BG, Mick and Rach....


He's moved in with his grandmother after a divorce--he's been there about 8 or 9 months now. He always waves when I see him. (I haven't seen him in a month now *sigh*) but my house alarm went off while I was in New Orleans at the beginning of the summer. The cops were called by ADT, my buddy Tommy was called and so was my aunt, but she was already here working her green thumb and didn't hear the alarm.


1.)He came over and checked on things with my aunt.


2.)I saw him when I got home and I accidentally left my garage door open over night--A week later he met me in the street and said is your garage door broken? (I think its cool he noticed and asked. )


3.) We had a long convo one afternoon when i was getting my mail. He knew from G'ma that I was a teacher and aked where--he asked me about one of my FAVorite kids from 2 ys ago. It ends up he is best friends with his dad. (Pretty cool--I had a GREAT relationship with this kid--he'd tell me anything I wanted to know come school time)


4.) During this convo he tells me he's divorced and staying with g'ma while he gets back on his feet. He just bought a new truck-I like it! He asked who I lived with--I said just the cats. Then he goes on to talk about how much he likes cats and his ideas on some of their habits that make them loveable.




Ok--well if we could ever catch each other outside at the same time...I would talk to him. I do not however feel like going to ask G'ma. I considered putting a note on his truck one evening and ask hime if he had talked to Logan and told him he was living across the street from me..He's the student that would give me rave reviews...I considered leaving my number. With my luck- I would attempt to put a note on his truck and his ALARM would go off, wake him, his G'ma and ALL of our neightbors and I would like like a damn fool!




AM I CRAZY?




I don't know if he's seeing anyone...I don't know about kids? I don't know ANYTHING. I just think he's kinda cute and seems very sweet....

6 comments:

angelfish24 said...

It's always scary to go out on a limb and show interest in a person. But, what have ya got to lose?
I guess I wouldn't like the living with the grandma thing but he prob. is paying alimony or something and it's got him cash poor.
A date wouldn't hurt, right?

Hannah said...

Could you find an excuse to go over there and knock on the door? Something neighborhood-related? Or maybe bring them some of your fabulous gumbo? The way to a man's heart is through his stomach (at least that's true for James!)

It wouldn't bother me that he liveed with g-ma since he ONLY moved in after his divorce. His ex probably got the house or something.

BarnGoddess said...

Im all for the note since you do not see him outside much.

Do YOU go outside much? just wondering.....because ya gotta make yourself available!

I think you should go for it. Out on a casual date, see how things go from there.

If he was able to get a new truck, then he must have a job and something going for him.

Divorces can be awful and he might have came away with nothing..

or like Hannah said, make an excuse to go over to G'mas and scope it out, maybe some gumbo or pie, one thing I can say for sure about men...they like FOOD.

Mick & Cathy said...

By his actions it certainly sounds like he has noticed you so if you feel you like the man go for it.

One word of caution, do some homework and find out if he has anyone else cos I don't think been a number two is what you are really looking for.

Good luck you are not crazy you are sweet I reckon.

Christine said...

I am thinking that you should put a note on his truck asking him if he wants to go out for a coffee. What do you have to lose? If he says YES - then thats awesome. Just do it. :) I would.

Moby Dick said...

Two single people meeting during summer. Is it love? Only one way to find out>