Sunday, July 29, 2007

Have you ever cried so hard you don't think you'll ever be able to catch your breathe?

Today was one of the most important days of my life...18 years ago, the love of my life walked up to me at a Tesla/Great White concert at the University of New Orleans and kissed me. He didn't say hello just a kiss. Our love was magical. Some people saw they get butterflies...I had a damn circus in my stomach every time we were together. We finished each other sentences, and created a language of our own. We still share that today. He will always be the most important person to ever step into my life and make such a lasting imprint on my heart and in my soul.
We just spent the last 2 hours on the phone. I have been teary eyed all damn day. I think of the pain I feel not having him in my life. He says Rebecca we should be celebrating the love we had and the things we taught each other, the moments in the moonlight. He is such a deserving soul. I know that if I can't be with him, at least he is being cared for. She will always be second best. He and I made so many mistakes together. We grew like some rose bushes intwined yet seperate. Our love is stronger than anything I have ever felt in my life. I know no one can take that away from either of us, but I still feel such a sense of loss this evening. We have a bond, never to be broken.

Although, we both feel as if we have broken hearts. Love should encompass your mind, wrap around your heart until you simply burst with laughter, take your breathe away, and run circles around the universe while layering it with passion and friendship. We shared that. My heart danced and sang . No other person will ever be able to make me feel that way.

He's married now and I am in another state, but our hearts are still one.

10 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

How does the saying go "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".
For your own sake don't dwell in the past for too long, although occasional memories are nice.
Life is always about the future, we can only learn for the past.

Big Hugs.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It still breaks my heart every day. We are both each married now and it kills me. I don't think that kind of love ever goes away.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

The love doesn't go away; it stays there and it stays strong. It's up to you to find a healthy way to channel it so you are a better person to know you have this great love around and then share the inner beauty and strength that gives you with someone else who needs you.

Unknown said...

Sorry for your sadness. I have never had this experience, I married the love of my life, but still lost him. Hope you are feeling better now :)

TitanThirteen said...

I bet you appreciate that song by Hinder huh?
Why did you guys break up?
Don't torture yourself ok? [[HUGS]]

Sweet and Salty said...

How sad to lose someone that meant so much.
Take care of yourself and look ahead.

BarnGoddess said...

love like that just doesnt disappear.

((hugs))

once someone told me, there should be a painkiller for a broken heart...he could not have been more right.

angelfish24 said...

Sorry that it makes you sad that you aren't together. But....what I hope for you is a love that will even eclipse that love from long ago and be for forever. I know a tall order but I'm a romantic.

Christine said...

Ahh gee. Got a lump in my throat for that one girl! Its truth though - you'll always have the times you had, wife #2 will never get those. Take care.