Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Thurs



Well, it's the evening of the 4th and I am stuck behind a computer typing Grad school stuff.


How sad is this?


I relaxed most of the day. I went through my mail and paid some bills.

I went to my aunts house and sent brought her some stuff my mom sent back by me.


My mom is having a tough time with this chemo round. Her eyes water like she is crying all the time, her face is broken out in a red type rash as a reaction to one of the meds they are pumping into her. She grew back about an inch of hair after surgery and had in after the following 2 rounds of chemo---but its all gone now. Ya'll she has been such a trooper through all of this. God, is helping and your prayers have meant alot.


We got together with Linda and her mom (the only people besides mom and dad_that I saw while I was home--) Sorry GEE. Linda's mom had both breasts removed and has been through all the chemo and radiation and al the other shit that goes with it. Karen is divorced and only has her daughter Linda to help her with things. HEr mom has to have blood transfusions every few weeks. She told us they are looking at having to replace a heart valve because her red blood cells won't seem to mature. She has really been through the ringer (So keep her in your prayers too). The four of us had a meal while I was home. My mom and Karen didn't eat much, but we got them out and able to visit--neither one would drive to see the other alone at this stage in their lives. They have been friends for 30 years now.


I cleaned and cooked soem so dad would have food and mom didn't have to worry about it.


I did manage to buy some tickets off of Ebay--any one had a bad experience with anything they bought off of there??? I BETTER NOT!

5 comments:

celtic_girl said...

It never fails to amaze me the sheer guts and strengty we have when faced with adversity.My thoughts are always with you and your mom.

Christine said...

My god daughter has been fighting cancer now for a year and a half (she's almost 3 years old) - she's a trooper. Yesterday was her monthly chemo and they got some bad news that her white counts are way down. I will include you in my daily prayers - if you send one up for me. :) Take care of yourself.

BarnGoddess said...

((hugs)) I bet your mom appreciated your help while you were home.

Chemo is tough, it sucks that it attacks our good cells too. But, it does the JOB of getting rid of those cancer cells.

Your 4th wasnt sad in my book. Sad would be me wanting to shove a firecracker up hubs ass and lighting it!

Moby Dick said...

My prayers are with you too. My Mom has had C, so if you can include her in your prayers too, thanks.

TitanThirteen said...

You are right, Your mum IS a trooper! How much more chemo does she need? Big hugs to your mum :o/

I've been ripped off on eBay a few times, both as a buyer and a seller. But luckily the good guys faaaaar outweigh the bad guys!