Sunday, July 08, 2007

OK..Had a busy weekend. I need to keep busy with all of the stuff I have going on in my brain these days...

Sat I got up before 10:00a.m. (this is rare on a Sat much less during my summer break), drove over to my aunts house picked her up and we drove to Newnan to visit one of my uncles who is now in an assisted living situation. We spent 4 hours with him. (took him out for ice cream--he loves the stuff) and then we drove back here. I asked to her to look at a couple of pieces of land I read about in the paper. One of the seller met us there. He's asking 285,000 for 80 acres and no it's not frontage property. There is however a creek running through several acres and its loaded with young pine trees. I don't have 280---so the point was mute. I asked if he would split it in half...he'd rather not, but took my number just in case. Then I found one 10 acre lot--mostly cleared of trees and debree--he wants 61,500 for it. I'll keep looking.

We went out to dinner together (we don't do that enough) and I brought her home. Ya'll she is 80 yrs old and this has been a LONG day for her.

Today, I slept til 1:30. Yep, I felt like I was just in a coma. I fussed at myself as I looked at the clock---jumped up and ran out of the house knowing if I didn't I would have just been lazy and read some Reader's Digests and Progressive Farmers I have piled up. SO instead I treated my self to a pedicure and manicure (wahoo way to go Rebecca you slept almost ALL DAY) . I reward myself by getting pampered. Well, it rained here all day- no complaints cause we DESPERATELY need the rain) but it made for a dreary day.




I came home apparently feeling guilty and got busy! I cooked a skillet of Jambalaya. YUM.


I vacuumed the house. I took out garbage-- threw out clutter (2 bags of it)!!!! I did dishes ran the dishwasher and then unloaded it once they were dry. I did a load of laundry! I cleaned my kitty room...paid bills...and I dusted. OK I CAN HEAR THE APPLAUSE!




I am feeling a bit better--hell if I knew I could be that productive after a mani and pedi I get one once a week!


9 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Good on you for getting all the stuff done! :o)

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Can you swing by and clean my house too?? Your dinner looks yummy! I haven't tried that before.

Christine said...

Wow - what a productive day! Good for you. That food looks amazing!

BarnGoddess said...

omg, that jamb looks good.

I could eat a huge bowl of it and I just hogged down a grilled ham and cheddar sandwich....swimming makes everyone hungry right?

wow-land is HIGH where you are. for nearly 300,000 grand you could buy a nice working ranch out here in OK.

Rachel said...

I will email you the link, R. It is hysterical! Heath said that was the most fun he has ever had at a job - that it was like going to "play" every day and he couldn't believe he got paid to do Blue Collar TV.

And Denver has sunk into the depths of depression - apparently his sister and ex were really ugly about the arrest and so he has just shut everybody out. It doesn't matter what positive words I say, they keep piling it on. He is on the friends list when he shows up but I doubt I hear from him again.

angelfish24 said...

Yeah, my thoughts same as above. Can U come to my house and clean and make that lovely looking jambalaya. We don't get that dish much here. Now I have a hankering to find a restaurant that serves some!

Moby Dick said...

Jambalaya looks awesome!

Mick & Cathy said...

Now if I can plan a trip to your part of the world is there any chance of a lunch invite, it looks great.

Sweet and Salty said...

Man, that looks so good, I could almost smell it!