Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday

I have had a busy last few days! Whew! Lunch with friends on Friday at my house...Saturday lunch (Johnny Carrinos---ummm if you have never tried their chocolate cake it is to die for!!!!) Ok I like chocolate but this was as good as an orgasm---I kid you not...they serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and it truly melts in your mouth OMG!! Can I say lets do it again and again? ) with Tommy for his birthday which is actually to day. He and I spent the day shopping and for me returning a few picture frames I bought in hopes that I could make things work out framing...No luck. After several hours around town we drove to PC to see a church that a coworkers hubby and their youngest daughter go to. I am interested in finding out more about the Catholic faith. Well, 2 of his other friends wanted to go to Houhilahans downtown for dinner. So we met them there (Jeff and Sharon). Sharon goes to that church and has taught classes there. So she said she would go with me and walk me thru a Mass. The last Mass I attended was at St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square. I am lost with the ups and downs...and do not know the Hail Mary. The church is small and seems quaint. I think I would be comfy studying there.

Alrighty, today I had Lew over for lunch after church. He teaches Sunday school randomly and today was one of his days to teach. He seemed to like my house and my floors. (yeah) I made some N'awlins food.(as if I cook anything else---once you get to know me) He was still breathing when he left, so guess my cooking didn't kill him! =) He is a nice guy. Very Intelligent...and somewhat jovial once he gets past all of the heart break in his life in the last 2 yrs. Losing a wife and going to counseling with his family, son and daughter in disarray. He asked me to have dinner with him Thursday. He wants to try the chocolate cake I was raving about. His son is at his grandma's this week and comes back this weekend. He will be in 7th grade this year. I brought my aunt and Tommy some left overs...They seemed to be pleased. Tommy wanted a Steak on his actually b'day today. So I went with him to O'Charleys. I had a cup of soup and he got his steak. Now, I am home and plan to channel surf and go thru the mail the rest of the night and tomorrow. I refuse to do ANYTHING of substance except was dishes!

1 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

whew! you sound busy, in a good way busy tho :) I was born,raised,and schooled grades 1- 12th in a private Roman Catholic School until college. It is a complex faith but the only one I know. I no longer am a practicing Catholic for my own personal reasons. I do not practice any religion or faith anymore but if I ever find my faith again, Im positive Ill return to my Catholic roots.