Saturday, July 22, 2006

pondering

If you have a new potential long term person to date (ok...this dating would be drawn out a couple of years, mind you) that you do not get benefits with...would you keep your friend with benefits on the side? Why or why not?

How much money is too much to spend on friends for their birthdays? I have a buddy whose b'day is tomorrow..I gave him 45 bucks in gift certificates, and we shopped all day..I paid for lunch and dinner...so actually I spent a little over $100 bucks.

Next weekend is another buddies b'day...and I've got 40 bucks in gift certificates...and he wants me to pay for his dining out..and drinking out. Well, friend 1 has always been a mutual respect you pay, I pay , take turns kind of friend. Friend 2 is ALWAYS expecting me to pay for stuff. On the other hand he has been invaluable to me this summer with my home projects and his time. A I shallow for not wanting to spend $100 on him too?

GIVE ME FEEDBACK PLEASE ~~

1 comments:

BarnGoddess_01 said...

Ive spent wayyyy over $100 on my best friend for her b-day but shes been my best friend since 4th grade :)and she expects nothing from me. I do not think your shallow for NOT paying especially if friend #2 expects it. Its okay if you buy dinner and give the gift certs but the drinking afterwards you should NOT have to pay for. I think thats more than fair, do you agree?