Saturday, July 01, 2006

Confusion

Well...I had my first date with Lew Thursday night. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. HE unloaded quite a bit of information...his wife was killed in a car accident in front of him. They were driving back from Florida with their 2 children from her mothers funeral. Tragic and sadness beyond words I just can't imagine. He's a god fearing man (teaches Sunday school). The church has really reached out to him during this trying time. He broke down and teared up at the dinner table. He's a truly sweet and genuine man. His heart has been traumatized. She died in 2004 not sure when...so really it could have been only a year yr and half since she passed. I would imagine the healing process would take tremendous time....

He's a nurse for Blue Cross Blue Shield. He has 36 nurses under his supervision. He really enjoys his job. Intellectually speaking he's definitely on a level playing field. One major concern is our age difference. He has 17 years on me. Physical traits he's grey with a beard, blue eyes and has a belly on him. I think he's handsome.

It kinda surprises me that I am not head over heals..because the guy I work with is his age (taller) and I'd flip for him. So I am asking myself what the hold up is...
Lew called 30 minutes after we left dinner to tell me what a nice time he had. This was Thursday night...He asked if he could call Friday and I said yes at dinner. Well, Friday after my floor guys left, B and I went to see The Devil wears Prada and ran to the grocery store. I was home by 8:30. He had called my cell 3 times (it was turned off from the movie) and left 2 messages on my house phone but had called the house 5 times according to my caller ID. Gotta say I felt OVERWHELMED! He told me it had been almost 20 years since he had been on a date and was really nervous all week about us having dinner. He ordered a glass of white wine ( I assume, for his nerves). So what does anyone else out there think??? Give me feedback.

My mom is ALL over me....if it was up to her we would get married next week. Only because my aunt has known him and the wife for 10 + yrs and knows (he's a good person). I'm a bit reluctant because he seems SO EAGER. It can be flattering, but geeze one day at a time. I did call him back last night. My aunt suggested he might be agonizing . He was, he thought with all that he told me I would never talk to him again. WOW. He also wanted to know if with my parents coming in today could we all have dinner one day this week (including his son). I was SHOCKED. I told him no. I was not that comfortable and or ready for that step just yet. I mean WOW. I need to take a breather and he needs too as well. I told him what a busy week I had in store with flooring guys coming back Monday, my parents in town (at least now they will be at my aunts house---so dad can't bitch about how cool I keep my house).I told them mom, dad, and auntie they can't come over until I get my house presentable again. That will be at least Wednesday, furniture, knick knacks, candles, china, pictures, phones, tv, dvd, stereo, dining room set, kitchen table, recliners, ETC. Good lord has this been an experience!!!!!!!!!!

SEND THOUGHTS ON the Lew situation please!

0 comments: