Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Well, we brought the girls home yesterday. I woke up not feeling right. R cooked spaghetti the night before and added all kinds of stuff. He really is a good cook...but this time it DID NOT agree with me. I drove the rental car to Mississippi. Once we got there and sat down at Cracker Barrel, I just nibbled on my chicken. I left with 90% of it. I can get motion sickness if I am in the passenger seat too long---it started when I was a kid. So I told him on long trips we needed to share the driving. Well, on the way back I tried to drive some but really was nauseated. I tried to hurl 20 times. Well, I didn't have anything in my tummy to upchuck. We made it home I was a miserable bitch. My tummy was cramping and I felt horrendous! He brought me home and left me to suffer all by myself on New Year's Eve. I was kinda bummed with that but he was upset because he book a cabin in Gattlinburg yesterday morning and it's non refundable. Besides he was stressed with the girls here for a week. He needs a couple of days to unwind.
I turned my air on and got in bed....I managed to eat some crackers...everything else was a turn off.
I have only been up about 30 minutes. My tummy hurts cause it cramped so much yesterday. I took pepto. I just ate some cereal. I want to see if I can keep it down before I commit to a 6 hour drive and a 3 day get away. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh dear, good luck with that! What a bummer, being ill on New Years Eve! I hope you are starting to feel better now chick.

TitanThirteen said...

There are so many bloggers with tummy upsets right now! It must be contagious through commenting so stay away from my blog ya hear! lol

BarnGoddess said...

Oh no!! I hope you 'kick' that bug....not good.

Mick & Cathy said...

Poor You, tummy upsets are no good at all.
You're right to make sure you are ok before you travel. Take care and look after yourself, get plenty of fluids on board.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Maybe you need to have a bit of a carb detox... get away from carbs for a while... might help...
I hope you are feeling better soon...
Take care

celtic_girl said...

Hope you felt better so you could go away.

Christine said...

Hope you feel better real soon! I had it real bad thru Christmas too - my husband said "naa, I don't get sick..." - 36 hours after that he was sick as a dog! :))))) FEEL BETTER!

TitanThirteen said...

Where ye be?