Monday, January 14, 2008

Howdy!
My weekend was busy...but a bit frustrating.
Sat R took me to my favorite place for lunch. I had boiled well season shrimp and fried okra with a big glass of sweet tea. We went shopping for him to find a new pair of black pants for his 2 day interview process yesterday and today. I went to see ATONEMENT as a matinee yesterday. It was good, but not exactly what I had expected.

He's at AUBURN UNIVERSITY by the time I post this he's half way through his process. He had dinner with one of their committees last night. Today, he has presentations, interviews with another committee one of which is the History Department and a separate with the Department dean.

Please say a prayer for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! He wants this job it would be 10 months rather than 12 at the University where he is now....(we could travel!!!! ) or he could pick up summer classes and make more money. This job would be at least a 8,000 to 10,000 pay increase as well.
He has been rather stressed out about this ...who can blame him???

So with his stress...I am thinking of going to his house--I have a key-- and making his bed...and spelling out I Love You with miniature chocolate bars. He is addicted to Hershey's. So when he gets home at 10 or 11 tonight he will have a sweet sentiment awaiting.
Comments?????

7 comments:

FelineFrisky said...

Hello my friend! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts!!!

A new man since I was here last! YAY for you, girlfriend! I say slather him in chocolates!! LOL

I have put up a synopsis post today and will probably post cards on Thursday.

I will read backwards from here to catch up on all the latest!

Thanks again and I am back for real this time!

Hugs & Smiles - D

Mick & Cathy said...

Lucky Man, nobody gives me chocolates, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'll even swing by and help you. :)

Good luck and best wishes for you both.

Chris H said...

That's a sweet idea.... LOL

Bare said...

That sounds like a great idea!!! You're very thoughtful, and that's just what he needs-- I will make sure to say an extra prayer that he gets his job :0)

PS: I can't believe you were that close to me for the New Year and I didn't even know it :0(-- I'm only an hour away from Gatlinburg!

PSS: I'm hurt I got bumped from your friends list *L* :0( I know I don't post often, but I still love ya *Hugs*

angelfish24 said...

That's a sweet idea and I'm sure he would be flattered by you thinking of him.

celtic_girl said...

Yes, go and do it, it sounds sooo romantic. Fingers crossed for your man he gets the job.