Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snowy River

Hey Ya'll!!!!! I had a mini version of a winter wonderland. I really do enjoy spending time with R. He makes me happy!!! I really needed this get away! I felt decompressed and less stressed. This was our cabin~ It was really cozy.



I had a great time in Tennessee. We drove up New Year's Day and had the cabin reserved for 3 nights. The first night we got there it snowed!! We were both happy. I know I was thrilled. You have to realize growing up in the South...it is a RARE occasion for me to see much less be able to pick up and throw a snow ball...or let snow flakes caress my face....





We did alot of shopping! Those of you who know me know that I was born to shop. We went to an 8 mile strip of arts and crafts shops. It was amazing! Shops included quilts, wood working, ceramics, pottery, art (photography and painting), and even some live music!
I am surrounded by snow!!!! YEAHHHHHHH I was as pleased as a kid in a candy store.

I am asking again.....because I didn't get but one response about proposals and the best or most unique that you have seen/heard of/ or participated in.....PLEASE SHARE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!



6 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

wow! how cool it snowed on your 1st night for you :)

That is a good sign in my opinion...

The photos are wonderful. Y'all DO make a very nice couple.

I want to LIVE in that cabin...minus the snow and I'd need a barn for Scooter of course!

I havent any marriage proposal ideas, I am sorry...Im not a romantic type person. But, if I hear of any, Ill pass them your way.

Chris H said...

I made Stew drive me 2.5 hours into Auckland (20 years ago), buy the ring I wanted, then go down on bended knee in the middle of the street and propose! We had my first 4 kids with us too... I said "but of course" ! He had no choice.. I told him if I was good enough to bonk I was good enough to marry, kids and all. We are blissfully happy still. I just posted one of Stew's reject ties to a guy in Tennessee!!!

angelfish24 said...

Glad to hear you had a nice getaway. That cabin looks awesome. We have a nice cabin we get to in the summer once in a blue moon that by sister owns and love it.
Sorry can't think of any romantic proposals at the moment. I'll think on it.

Mick & Cathy said...

Looks real nice, I'm pleased you're enjoying life with the man of your dreams.

TitanThirteen said...

Nice cabin. Was it just the two of you?
You look very cosy together *Wink Wink*

celtic_girl said...

Sorry no good proposal stories to tell. Your cabin and the scenery look divine and so romantic, I'm surprised you found the time the shop at all!!