Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can I tell you I feel a bit of sadness and relief. Today is our last day with the students. I have a few really SPECIAL kids , that I am truly going to miss. I'll see them next year but it's just not the same. On a bright note 90% of the hellions have already been suspended for the rest of this year...AMEN....WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO So Friday for the most part will be signing yearbooks and the Literature kids collection of work, they put together.


On a good note, I made reservations at my favorite rest in town right after they open...I'll have seafood fresh and healthy! (not to mention Yummy) . I worked hard this year and have stressed over so MANY personal things that I need a break. Hell, I may go for a few drinks afterwards. I need a stress reliever!!!!


Hope your Friday is quick, painless and brings along a few smiles~

9 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow.. end of the school year...
Lucky you!
Love the cartoon... haha

TitanThirteen said...

How long do the kids have off? Over 6 months? That's a shocker! Do you have little breaks during the year? And what are the school hours? Do you get paid for that time off?
In Aust, we have 3 lots of two week holidays during the year, every 3 months. Then they have 6 weeks off at Christmas, starting about a week before Christmas.
I'd rather it was broken down like that too. I even think the 6 week break is too long for the kids. They get restless and annoying!
Our school hours are from 9am -3pm and i'm one of those parents that doesn't agree with homework, unless it's a project or something.
6 months off..gee good on you!

FelineFrisky said...

HA!! LOVE the telecomuter comic!!! Naked Man to the rescue! My fav superheroe! LOL!

Last day with the kids. FINALLY!!!

A summer break. What willl you do? What DO teachers & bus drivers do during the summer months???

Have any trip plans???

Take a break, enjoy that seafood and have a tall, cold Long Island Iced Tea for me! (evil grin.....)

D :)

Rachel said...

you'll like the funny i posted last night. it fits in with the theme of yours.

wow - glad school is over. Son has 2 more days next week and then he's FREE, as he puts it. He is spending most of the weekend with me. I am excited.

now - to go take tylenol since i woke up with a huge fever and a "uh oh, i don't feel so good" moment. let's hope it's just bad allergies or a dumb cold.

Mick & Cathy said...

I could do with teacher holidays.
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

hAVE Fun--spider (from my job)

BarnGoddess said...

I cant believe school is almost out already! this school year has flown by....Im glad its summer.

The drinks sound good. I was thinking about opening up a bottle of red but Im going to wait until 5pm. I have no idea why.....

Unknown said...

Lucky you! I wish nurses got a summer vacation :)
I like your blog and all the pictures, could you share with me how you find and post the pics? I really need to enhance my blog it is soooo boring sometimes. Anyway I do enjoy your blog. Have a great vacation!-

angelfish24 said...

Yeah! The end of the school year! Hope you have some fun out on the town and have a great summer.